Tom Ince - Sky Sports

Walsall_Ram

Ince was consistently one of the best wingers in the division for three seasons.

I can't believe this is even in question.

'Not better than what we have' is what I've read but based on what? He has record at this level that all three cannot even come close to - for both goals and assists.

He's not lazy, he's not selfish and he has already proven, consistently, to be the one of the best wingers in the division over a prolonged period of time.

It makes me laugh that people who don't want Ince are the same people who wanted GMS from Dundee.

The only reason I can see people not wanting this signing is because he didnt make an impact at Forest when he was played out of postion.

This is the type of signing that is a no brainer. It rattles me that anyone could think otherwise.

He had one good season !

Look at his whole career record.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's 22 and played 100 odd games in the championship, and has 20 or so appearances in the premiership. i dont see how he couldn't at least add abit of competition to our wingers, which we are currently short on. if he isnt better than ward or bennet i'd be very surprised. not really sure why people dont want him. if you'd have said at the start of january that we were likely to sign Albentosa, Warnock, Bent and Ince i'd have thought you were being ott. as it stands, that looks like we want automatic promotion. i'm all for it. more than Atsu or Hoilett or Phillips or Ibe in honesty

Did Delap ever use his long throw as a Derby player ? I genuinely can't recall him using it .obviously at Stoke it was fully utilised.

yeah man, he can only throw it long. it got a little annoying i thought. it wasnt our main tactic at all, but if there was a throw in 50 metres from the oppositions goal, Rory would wang it thataway. that was when he wasnt busy throwing up on the pitch. 

He had one good season !

Look at his whole career record.

11/12 - 33 games; 6 goals, 7 assists - aged 19

12/13 - 44 games; 18 goals, 14 assists - aged 20

13/14 - 23 games; 7 goals, 6 assists - aged 21

All at this level.

Contributed to 58 Championship goals in 100 games despite his young age. Not one of our wingers can even come close to that.

Ambitious is 100 percent correct. Ince is proven at this level and the stats listed above prove that. He is more productive statistically that any of our wide/support players have been. He may do his best work when coming inside, however so does Russell. While Ibe hugged the wing, Russell is not a wide player as such and is much more productive when he drifts in and supports Martin allowing space for the Full Backs to exploit that space.

I would be delighted with Ince and would much prefer him to Atsu, Hoilett or Phillips.

My preference would be:

1. Ince

2. Phillips

3. Hoilett

4. Atsu

As a professional footballer who would you want to play for? A team competiting at a high level fighting for a champions league spot in a tough bundesliga... Or a team building a squad fighting in Englands second division for a premiership spot??

I think if we were linked with Messi there'd be a queue of people on here saying we don't want him here for some reason or another. This guy is proven at this level and also a member of a successful England U21 team

Can we go back to signing players like Craig Fagen or Gary Teale, cant remember this amount of fuss back then when these 2 arrived 

As a professional footballer who would you want to play for? A team competiting at a high level fighting for a champions league spot in a tough bundesliga... Or a team building a squad fighting in Englands second division for a premiership spot??

It's not quite as simple as that, does he have kids? a family, a missus with work commitments that does't fancy relocating to Germany. QPR want to sell so it's not like he would be over there for 4 months.

He might jump at the chance as well, who knows but it's not something I would rule out because they have shown an interest

Exactly. Reminds me of that time Tom Ince chose Inter Milan over Hull City.

It's not quite as simple as that, does he have kids? a family, a missus with work commitments that does't fancy relocating to Germany. QPR want to sell so it's not like he would be over there for 4 months.

He might jump at the chance as well, who knows but it's not something I would rule out because they have shown an interest

not mention that fact that he's canadian, so he's onviously left family and probably doesn't have sentimental ties to England (whether or not that's true I don't know) but based on the football aspect of it... I think just about any footballer would relocate to play for monchengladbach over Derby.. Think it's time we should be a bit honest with ourselves and stop being bias.. Our standards as fans have gone through the roof after bent, ibe. Thorne and Omar have come in.. I think a few on here would moan if we were linked with Ronaldo.

British footballers are fairly well known for their bravery when it comes to playing abroad... There are countless examples of British players playing in foreign leagues...

I can think of at least... oh wait... erm...

(hmmm Canadian and spent time in Germany as a youth player... maybe should have done my research first...)

Archived