Tom Ince - Sky Sports

Walsall_Ram

And how wells that going for him? He stayed for education at hull but he's been loaned to forest and now just about linked with a loan to every club in England.

You're moving the goal posts now. I thought we were talking about whether it's totally bonkers he'd choose us over Borussia Monchengladbach? Not how well the move would go?

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're moving the goal posts now. I thought we were talking about whether it's totally bonkers he'd choose us over Borussia Monchengladbach? Not how well the move would go?

Who would you want to play with? Christoph Kramer, Granit xhaka, Thorgan Hazard, Fabian Johnson, Ibrahima Traore, Patrick Herrmann, Andre Hahn, Raffael, and Max Kruse? Or our starting 11?

Who would you want to play with? Christoph Kramer, Granit xhaka, Thorgan Hazard, Fabian Johnson, Ibrahima Traore, Patrick Herrmann, Andre Hahn, Raffael, and Max Kruse? Or our starting 11?

You know my answer, but it's not that black and white. Are you saying that every single time in football history when a player's had the choice between two clubs, he's always gone for the better one?

Why did Albentosa sign for us? It's not like there was a long list of clubs below us also interested and we were the top of the bunch. A lot of reports in Spain suggest that Sevilla and Valencia were interested.

I can't really believe I'm even giving this argument any time. If you want me to say they're much more likely to sign him, then I agree. Obviously. But to say their interest rules us out entirely is simplistic. 

Ince was consistently one of the best wingers in the division for three seasons.

I can't believe this is even in question.

'Not better than what we have' is what I've read but based on what? He has record at this level that all three cannot even come close to - for both goals and assists.

He's not lazy, he's not selfish and he has already proven, consistently, to be the one of the best wingers in the division over a prolonged period of time.

It makes me laugh that people who don't want Ince are the same people who wanted GMS from Dundee.

The only reason I can see people not wanting this signing is because he didnt make an impact at Forest when he was played out of postion.

This is the type of signing that is a no brainer. It rattles me that anyone could think otherwise.

Don't be so melodramatic, people can have a differentl opinion to you, it is allowed.

So you rate him better then ibe, who not so long ago if I recall you was telling us was better than sterling at this stage of his career?

I mean his stats would say so wouldn't it, and if it's such a no brainier and would guarantee promotion to Bournemouth should they take him, it does make you wonder why he has not been a regular starter for hull.

For the record I think he will be a good signing, but still reserve judgement on why his career has stalled at the moment.

Oh and I could never understand why anyone would not think Martin would not be a good signing ;-)

You might have had a point earlier, but now you are impersonating female genitalia. I have only heard of three of these players and I suspect Holillet is the same unless he is an avid Fifa 15 player too.

Don't be so melodramatic, people can have a differentl opinion to you, it is allowed.

So you rate him better then ibe, who not so long ago if I recall you was telling us was better than sterling at this stage of his career?

I mean his stats would say so wouldn't it, and if it's such a no brainier and would guarantee promotion to Bournemouth should they take him, it does make you wonder why he has not been a regular starter for hull.

For the record I think he will be a good signing, but still reserve judgement on why his career has stalled at the moment.

Oh and I could never understand why anyone would not think Martin would not be a good signing ;-)

Hahahaha yes I can remembered that and he seems change his mind every time.. Hmmm

Whatever his stats for Blackpool I still think he spends too much time impersonating Ronaldo. Except Ronaldo can be arrogant because he's the best winger in football.

I think he was a good player for Blackpool (along with Matt Phillips) and that's that. With respect to Blackpool that's not totally sold me.

Maybe it him and his Dad's arrogance that I don't like. I dunno. But I don't rate him

I said when he left Blackpool he'll never be an established PL player. I'm not going to change my mind because he's been linked with Derby.

What I will do is support him if and when he signs.

Just don't rate him. And not really impressed by the way he struts around looking like someone pissed on his cornflakes.

I hope nobody praising him now was slating him when he went to Forest?

Whatever his stats for Blackpool I still think he spends too much time impersonating Ronaldo. Except Ronaldo can be arrogant because he's the best winger in football.

I think he was a good player for Blackpool (along with Matt Phillips) and that's that. With respect to Blackpool that's not totally sold me.

Maybe it him and his Dad's arrogance that I don't like. I dunno. But I don't rate him

I said when he left Blackpool he'll never be an established PL player. I'm not going to change my mind because he's been linked with Derby.

Just don't rate him. And not really impressed by the way he struts around looking like someone pissed on his cornflakes.

Shows how much you know. He doesn't even eat cornflakes.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure Steve Bruce favours two up top for Hull City and plays a very direct style of football.

I think Tom Ince would struggle in a 4-4-2 and direct football, hence why he didn't exactly shine at Forest.

He played his best football at Blackpool where they used him as an attacking wide player playing off one striker through the middle - Taylor-Fletcher - which would be very similar to us.

I reckon he'd be a solid signing for our style.

You know my answer, but it's not that black and white. Are you saying that every single time in football history when a player's had the choice between two clubs, he's always gone for the better one?

Why did Albentosa sign for us? It's not like there was a long list of clubs below us also interested and we were the top of the bunch. A lot of reports in Spain suggest that Sevilla and Valencia were interested.

I can't really believe I'm even giving this argument any time. If you want me to say they're much more likely to sign him, then I agree. Obviously. But to say their interest rules us out entirely is simplistic.

it's not the fact that it's just a club better than us it's the fact that they're known for development... I'm not trying to disrespect us as a club but we're not there yet.. I just don't think we can compete with clubs for transfers on that level.. And yes albentosa turned down 12 clubs for us but those clubs weren't named.. Accrington Stanley could have been one for all we know.

While I agree, I also think ibe showed traits of arrogance - that dance he did when he scored against Cardiff City (the one which made it 1-2 to them) p!ssed me off no end. Grab the feckin ball and get on with it you t!t...

I think McClaren soon drummed it into him to start working more for the team and not himself and he seemed a much better player - and likeable person - for it.

I'd have faith in SM doing the same for Ince to be honest. As much as I hate fancy dan arrogant wingers, having one who is willing to work for the team can be a huge help.

Barnes was similar too. Most of us loved him though, but he was an Ince-type.

You might have had a point earlier, but now you are impersonating female genitalia. I have only heard of three of these players and I suspect Holillet is the same unless he is an avid Fifa 15 player too.

Kramer, hazard, Traore, Johnson, Raffael... You only know 3 of them? I think instead of insulting someone you should inhance your football knocklodge...

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure Steve Bruce favours two up top for Hull City and plays a very direct style of football.

I think Tom Ince would struggle in a 4-4-2 and direct football, hence why he didn't exactly shine at Forest.

He played his best football at Blackpool where they used him as an attacking wide player playing off one striker through the middle - Taylor-Fletcher - which would be very similar to us.

I reckon he'd be a solid signing for our style.

Maybe that's what it is, can't say I have watched hull enough to comment. Makes you wonder why Bruce signed him in the first place, unless he wanted to play him somewhere other than a winger?

I do think your right about the style of play suiting him though, and hopefully his dad will sit down with him and tell him it could get his career back on track.

Haha, I knew that would come back to haunt me.

As for Ince, I don't think you could really say his career has stalled. He's had a disappointing 12 months where he hasn't been able to step up in the Premier League but he hasn't really been played in HIS position. 

In Forest's 3-1 loss to Brentford, he played left midfield. Not left wing. Left midfield. It's madness.

For me, he's proven in the position we would play him, in the league we play in. I keep pointing to the fact that none of our wingers have come close to the records he has at this level. I would have no doubts whatsoever that he would be huge for us. I also have no doubts he would be huge for Bournemouth.

In an attacking side, where he will get the ball, he makes things happen. In a side that are happy to surrender possession and rely more on graft and discipline, he wouldn't.   

Archived