Forest game: Ward, Bent or Dawkins?

Ambitious

Who should start against Forest?  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, i'd be so happy i have such a difficult decision to make

personally i think he will go with dawkins, unless wardy is 100% fit. I would say Bent, but as i dont think he will play on the wing, he's out of it, if he can play there fair enough.

When did wardy come back from injuiry?

When did wardy come back from injuiry?

Ward was back against Southport but looked a little rusty. Hopefully he's getting back up to his best with a bit of training.

I'd love to see Ward play and have a stormer. He loves this fixture. I remember last season during the warm up, Darlow was doing long kick practice, the ball landed by Wardy. He held it out for the sub GK to take it from his hand, and right before he did, he booted it back down field to Darlow.

Proper little git :)

Ward to start...he knows the fixture better, will be more of a terrier than Dawkins. Jamie's persistence will help to grind the Gumps down.

Who can forget his impish goal @ Sh!tty Ground, when we only had 10 men?

I'm sure The Mac will use all three subs during the game, so Dawks will get a taste later on....

Interesting that Bent is a distant third. I like how we've all bought into the management team's thinking - you have to earn your place in the team.

I think it's probably down to the fact that, of the three options, Bent is the least natural fit and the votes reflect that.

Care to share why?

Got no problem with him playing. Just think he's mostly huff n puff.

Loved him a couple of years ago. Think he's lost some pace though. Against the explosive pace of Russell and the intricate creative play of Dawkins (who may not have many assists but does open teams up for others) I think he's lagging.

But I'm not calling him down. Still happy for him to play because he gets the ball into the final 3rd and manages to find a white shirt.

Didn't want to jump into the thread slating him. I like him.

Archived