The Greek Islands

Cisse

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zante is also known as Zakynthos I seem to recall. I went in 2009 and didn't enjoy it. Lots of gypsies begging and kids trying to steal money out of you hand as you're swaying at the fast food place.

My personal favourite is Crete. I always stay in the resort of Stalis. Everything is within a short journey from there.

Rhodes is quite nice, but also very hot, Lindos is a nice resort.

Steer clear of Kavos on the Island of Corfu. I didn't see much else of the island so cannot comment.

Never fancied Greece me'sen.

What you after Cisse? Relaxation/chill or crazy party times? Or do you just genuinely want to visit Greece to tick it off a list...

I've visited Karpathos four times but our travel agencies doesn't do those trips anymore. Looking for a place which is small, very quiet and has good food.

Zante is a fantastic island, not sure where Mostyn stayed on the island but I have never had those issues in 20+ visits, even in Laganas which is the liveliest resort.

I have never been to a Greek island which I have not enjoyed, it is more about where you stay on the island, if you avoid the one main resort that attracts the younger holidaymakers which each island seems to have you will be fine.

For me, Zante, Kefalonia and Crete are favorites but I've been to about a dozen and would not dismiss any of them.

I've visited Karpathos four times but our travel agencies doesn't do those trips anymore. Looking for a place which is small, very quiet and has good food.

Cleethorpes Fitties, best caravans in Lincolshire, best fish and chips across the country and sea views....well it's technically an estuary but you see Ferries go past....and nappies....and dog poo

Cleethorpes Fitties, best caravans in Lincolshire, best fish and chips across the country and sea views....well it's technically an estuary but you see Ferries go past....and nappies....and dog poo

Any pics ? And I don't mean the dog poo.

Zante is a fantastic island, not sure where Mostyn stayed on the island but I have never had those issues in 20+ visits, even in Laganas which is the liveliest resort.

I have never been to a Greek island which I have not enjoyed, it is more about where you stay on the island, if you avoid the one main resort that attracts the younger holidaymakers which each island seems to have you will be fine.

For me, Zante, Kefalonia and Crete are favorites but I've been to about a dozen and would not dismiss any of them.

I went to Laganas in August. The main strip was full of Roma Gypsies begging at night and trying to sell flourescent wrist bands etc. The brits ruined it more for me though. It was very young, although not as young as Kavos, but I was 33 when I went and felt like it wasn't the place for me. Aside of getting smashed nightly, there seemed to be nothing else to do there.

My hotel was regarded as one of the best, yet it was an absolute shithole. The pool turned all my shorts algae green too!

Crete is the winner for me, although I would consider Rhodes again, as there is plenty to do there. Kos is on my hitlist.

Kefalonia is quiet, very picturesque and there are plenty of nice restaurants.

Crete is nice but it's not quiet by any means if that's what you're looking for. Try Zante, it was really good when I went there perhaps 7 or 8 years ago but I can't vouch for how good it is now.

Bull-sausage. Crete is the biggest of the Greek Islands, and Malia is only a 3 or 4 streets on the whole island!!!!! I've been seven times. How many have you been? and how many areas did you visit?

Bull-sausage. Crete is the biggest of the Greek Islands, and Malia is only a 3 or 4 streets on the whole island!!!!! I've been seven times. How many have you been? and how many areas did you visit?

Malia is leaking out into the rest of the island. People go to other areas of Crete and treat it like it's Malia. It did used to be much nicer so I've heard from my parents. They went some 20 years back.

I'm not saying to NOT go to Crete, I liked it there. Zante might be a better option if he's after somewhere quiet. But Crete is nice.

Archived