1st World Problems (What irritates you?).

Rev

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked this up and it is very closely related to steak sauce here in the States.

You can get Daddies Brown sauce in the states. We used to take some over to my in-laws when we visited but Publix now stock it - in Florida at least.

Can't stand it myself, mind.

You know what irritates me, the term "first world problems". What an utter load of sausages of a concept.

Problem are relative. To someone in a desperate fight for their life, losing a few fingers isn't that huge an issue, to a person sitting at their desk at work, that's a disaster. The entire idea of "first world problems" is that "your problems must be meaningless because others have it worse", but the problem is that this concept goes down the tower of turtles.

Oh, you're struggling with your mortgage, well think about those who can only rent

Oh, you can't afford a house and need to rend, think about those who have lost their jobs and are struggling to even rent!

Oh, you lost your job, well think of those who never had one and have no savings!

Oh, you've never had a job, well at least there's a welfare system to keep you alive, imagine how it is living on the street with nothing?

Oh, you're living on the streets, well at least there's soup kitchens that you can visit, imagine those starving elsewhere in the world!

Oh, you're starving and aren't sure where your next meal is coming from, well think of those in the wartorn areas with even less, who are fearing for their lives every second!

Oh, you're scared of the militants, well think of those who are have been captures and taken by them!

...I really don't want to go on with it, but it can keep going. That's the scary part, but that's the thing, the whole point of being a member of society is considering the problems you're faced with, prioritising and dealing with them.

The concept of 'first world problems' is a best a cheap quick laugh and at worse an attack on people in society who suffer from depression, making their issues seem completely meaningless "because people have it worse". For people already struggling with their own daemons, being told that their issues are meaningless because they are "well off" isn't helping anyone, and is quite possibly dangerous to them.

What has really irritated me lately, is people like David Cameron and Tony Blair coming out with condolences and supportive messages for the death of Prince Abdullah.

A man who is responsible for the beheadings of people for things such as atheism and sorcery.

Irritate isnt really a strong enough word for how p*ssed off this makes me. Stuff like this just makes you think, what's the f***ing point? 

So David Cameron comes out with all this jesuischarlie etc a couple of weeks before, and then shows his support for a murdering nutcase. Has the man got any sort of moral compass? Any pride or dignity? These people lead us and this is the sort of stuff they come out with. 

(I know why he's going to ars lick Saudi's etc oil etc, allies etc etc but still. Probably a separate debate should be how far leaders of countries are prepared to suck up/talk **** for the overall benefit of the nation)

What has really irritated me lately, is people like David Cameron and Tony Blair coming out with condolences and supportive messages for the death of Prince Abdullah.

A man who is responsible for the beheadings of people for things such as atheism and sorcery.

Irritate isnt really a strong enough word for how p*ssed off this makes me. Stuff like this just makes you think, what's the f***ing point? 

So David Cameron comes out with all this jesuischarlie etc a couple of weeks before, and then shows his support for a murdering nutcase. Has the man got any sort of moral compass? Any pride or dignity? These people lead us and this is the sort of stuff they come out with. 

(I know why he's going to ars lick Saudi's etc oil etc, allies etc etc but still. Probably a separate debate should be how far leaders of countries are prepared to suck up/talk **** for the overall benefit of the nation)

I remember a Not the nine o'clock news sketch (so must have been 1980ish) where two politicians are ripping into each other on TV. One of them dies suddenly on stage and the other one immediately switches to paying tribute to a wonderful man etc. etc.

Obviously not a new phenomenon but you hit the nail on the head at the end there by saying it's for the benefit of the nation. It's hardly going to help anyone if we started verbally dancing on his grave. Nothing to gain and everything to lose, seeing as they are supposed to be one of our strategic allies in the region and just happens to be sitting on rather a lot of oil.

Drivers who feel the need to go way below the speed limit.Not wanting to get a ticket is one thing...but going 20 in a 55 mph zone on a 2 lane rd(with no passing zones)...is pretty damn irritating.

Long night of driving ahead...and this guy.Anyway, at a Love's Travel Stop now getting some coffee and a big damn energy bar.

Cheers.

Drivers who feel the need to go way below the speed limit.Not wanting to get a ticket is one thing...but going 20 in a 55 mph zone on a 2 lane rd(with no passing zones)...is pretty damn irritating.

Long night of driving ahead...and this guy.Anyway, at a Love's Travel Stop now getting some coffee and a big damn energy bar.

Cheers.

unbelievable! I came on specifically to complain about the same thing after getting stuck behind some old Doris doing 25mph in a 40mph zone!

1. The Americanization of England (You'll note the irony, unless you're American).

Exhibit A) Hash browns on a full English.

Exhibit B) Tax dodging coffee shops f**king everywhere. Not even the good kind you get in Amsterdam either. Nowadays everyone has to drink a Latte or a Mocha or an Espresso. Fair enough have a coffee but why do you have to have a litre of it at a time in a polystyrene cup with your name written on it in biro on the train. Drink it in the shop. You're not really so busy that you have to get high off caffeine on public transport while typing loudly at 300 words per second on your Apple Mac. You're not in Sex and the City or Friends so pack it in and be normal.

Exhibit C) The way like everyone is, so like, totally self inflecting, like all the time.

Exhibit D) Gotten.

2. When someone leaves the television remote control right next to the television. It was invented so that you don't have to leave your seat to change the channel! If I have to get up to get the control I might as well change the channel while I'm there. Leave it on the arm of the sofa!

3. Beards on twenty somethings. I don't mean a bit of stubble or a van Dyke, I mean those huge ugly, scruffy dirty looking Afghan shepherd beards. What are you doing? Once you hit mid-life crisis fair enough you should be free to indulge your inner Andrea Pirlo or Charles Darwin but at 22 you just look a nob.

This post made me chuckle.

But I'm a scruffy beard type of guy (not ridiculously scruffy) but I look far better with one than without.

I'm like this...

"http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/this-is-why-bearded-men-dont-shave" alt="this-is-why-bearded-men-dont-shave">

It irritates me when I hook my laptop up to my TV to watch Netflix and after 2 episodes of a show Netflix asks "Are you still watching?" causing me to have to get up off the sofa to click yes so I can carry on watching!  I've had to invest in a wireless mouse to avoid my comfort being disrupted! :lol::ph34r:

You know what irritates me, the term "first world problems". What an utter load of sausages of a concept.Problem are relative. To someone in a desperate fight for their life, losing a few fingers isn't that huge an issue, to a person sitting at their desk at work, that's a disaster. The entire idea of "first world problems" is that "your problems must be meaningless because others have it worse", but the problem is that this concept goes down the tower of turtles.Oh, you're struggling with your mortgage, well think about those who can only rentOh, you can't afford a house and need to rend, think about those who have lost their jobs and are struggling to even rent!Oh, you lost your job, well think of those who never had one and have no savings!Oh, you've never had a job, well at least there's a welfare system to keep you alive, imagine how it is living on the street with nothing?Oh, you're living on the streets, well at least there's soup kitchens that you can visit, imagine those starving elsewhere in the world!Oh, you're starving and aren't sure where your next meal is coming from, well think of those in the wartorn areas with even less, who are fearing for their lives every second!Oh, you're scared of the militants, well think of those who are have been captures and taken by them!...I really don't want to go on with it, but it can keep going. That's the scary part, but that's the thing, the whole point of being a member of society is considering the problems you're faced with, prioritising and dealing with them.The concept of 'first world problems' is a best a cheap quick laugh and at worse an attack on people in society who suffer from depression, making their issues seem completely meaningless "because people have it worse". For people already struggling with their own daemons, being told that their issues are meaningless because they are "well off" isn't helping anyone, and is quite possibly dangerous to them.

No I think you miss the point Albert. A first world problem is the golfer who had a rant on Twitter cos the airline wouldn't upgrade his nanny to first class. It takes the p1ss out of people who have no perspective, who are selfish, and who think the world owes them a living.

Public apologies. Like modern day politicians apologising for things that happened yonks ago, like the slave trade, or the Crimean War. What the f*** is that all about.

Any newsworthy tragedy is usually followed by someone apologising for someone elses action. Like someone who gets an electricity bill for

Commentators/show presenters reading out tweets from the general public on the event your watching.

If I was interested in Debbie from Barnsleys' dilemma about putting the beef in the oven on time, but not wanting to miss the tennis, I'd read it on twitter myself!

This also applies to local news, where they've started doing the same, cringe worthy and adds nothing.

Archived