Which manager goes next? (vers1.1)

Mostyn6

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Test One - Can anyone devise a football team of recently sacked mangers playing in their career positions. that could win the fantasy managers' league.Nucleus of the side should include as many as possible of the eight that have gone in the last three months.

I'll give this one a go...

Blackwell

Alexander Bowyer Symons Butcher Powell

Advocaat Sherwood Cooper

Rosler Dickov

Pretty difficult. Had to google some of these just to find out what position they played. Too young to know where Advocaat played. Had know idea where Bowyer or Cooper played, all I knew is they were sacked. A hell of a lot of defenders have been sacked specifically. Couldn't think of a single former-goalkeeper who has been sacked this season, so went for the last goalkeeper I could remember being sacked in Kevin Blackwell. 5-3-2 formation to accommodate the defenders.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I'll give this one a go...

Blackwell

Alexander Bowyer Symons Butcher Powell

Advocaat Sherwood Cooper

Rosler Dickov

Pretty difficult. Had to google some of these just to find out what position they played. Too young to know where Advocaat played. Had know idea where Bowyer or Cooper played, all I knew is they were sacked. A hell of a lot of defenders have been sacked specifically. Couldn't think of a single former-goalkeeper who has been sacked this season, so went for the last goalkeeper I could remember being sacked in Kevin Blackwell. 5-3-2 formation to accommodate the defenders.

Brilliant effort ITKernow. It is a bit worrying though to see this managerial massacre.I had noticed the preponderosa of defenders.

ps I am very pleased with the preponderosa there, Kernow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hasselbaink said to be favourite for QPR job, along with Rowett. Why don't they interview Cloughie and Pesch as well and complete the set of ex burton managers. Anyway looks like there could be a vacancy at burton soon. 

11 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Hasselbaink said to be favourite for QPR job, along with Rowett. Why don't they interview Cloughie and Pesch as well and complete the set of ex burton managers. Anyway looks like there could be a vacancy at burton soon. 

Before Clough got the Blades job, due to his family ties, I predicted to a Blades fan we should go to the bookies and put money on it, think Weir was still in the job.

Do wonder if you could get odds on him back at Burton next?

Steve Clarke is not a popular man at Reading. 

Reading their boards and they all want him out. Cardiff fans have a 'Slade Out' icon on their boards, and they're 7th with a pretty rubbish squad. The Championship is barmy.

I bet Huddersfield feel like right mugs now. Sack Powell and play worse, well done.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Steve Clarke is not a popular man at Reading. 

Reading their boards and they all want him out. Cardiff fans have a 'Slade Out' icon on their boards, and they're 7th with a pretty rubbish squad. The Championship is barmy.

I bet Huddersfield feel like right mugs now. Sack Powell and play worse, well done.

Was browsing the Hull forum last night after our game. I realise each forum has their proportion of idiots, us included (not naming names), but I saw a couple posters want Bruce out, which is strange seeing as they were top prior to the game, and had they won would still be top now.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Was browsing the Hull forum last night after our game. I realise each forum has their proportion of idiots, us included (not naming names), but I saw a couple posters want Bruce out, which is strange seeing as they were top prior to the game, and had they won would still be top now.

There are plenty of things about Bruce I don't like, admittedly most are aesthetic :lol:, but he's one of the coaches around that I'd be happy with at Derby. The style of play might not be as attacking as we like but with Bruce there's no cliches, no jibberish, always honest and he brings out the best in players.

On 24/11/2015, 10:07:05, PistoldPete2 said:

Well Warnock is in charge right now and hes ex burton too

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

There are plenty of things about Bruce I don't like, admittedly most are aesthetic :lol:, but he's one of the coaches around that I'd be happy with at Derby. The style of play might not be as attacking as we like but with Bruce there's no cliches, no jibberish, always honest and he brings out the best in players.

I think the problem with steve bruce is that hull fans feel the reason they got relegated was because he wasnt giving the job his full attention due to the fact he was filming an appearance in the new star wars movie as the new death star.

Archived