The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

Yeah, but you're forgetting that they have the best squad in the Championship.

Now that they have a 'great' Manager in Freedman, who will undoubtedly motivate them in a way that Forest legend Pearce couldn't, and provide tactical astuteness that would bypass most Managers in this division, I'm sure Forest will walk into the playoffs....

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest are on 34 points. With the top six as strong as it is this season, you'd have to say that 6th spot is probbaly going to be on around 75 points with a very healthy GD.

So for Forest, it's probably 76 points and they are in.

42 points in 18 games is league winning form.

Win 13 Draw 3 Lose 2

For a team that has won just three in 24, I'd say they have about a 0.000007% chance of making it.

I was quite close with my guess of 12 :)

Forest are on 34 points. With the top six as strong as it is this season, you'd have to say that 6th spot is probbaly going to be on around 75 points with a very healthy GD.

So for Forest, it's probably 76 points and they are in.

42 points in 18 games is league winning form.

Win 13 Draw 3 Lose 2

For a team that has won just three in 24, I'd say they have about a 0.000007% chance of making it.

I won't believe a word of that until I've seen a graph.

post-46297-Roy-Hodgson-England-World-Cup

I posted this the other day - a run which would see us finish on 74.

Millwall H - WIN
Brighton A - WIN
Wigan H - WIN
Blackpool A - WIN
Bolton H - WIN
Bournemouth H - DRAW
Reading A - WIN
Charlton A - WIN
Middlesbrough H - DRAW
Leeds A - WIN
Rotherham H - WIN
Norwich A - LOSE
Wolves H - DRAW
Brentford A - LOSE
Huddersfield H - WIN
Watford H - DRAW
Blackburn A - WIN
Ipswich A - LOSE
Cardiff H - WIN

There is more than one person predicting they can make the play-offs. 

Jesus H. Christ. 

I guess these are the type of people that get told by their wife they've got to work until 2, 3 in the morning every night despite having an office job. You've got to almost feel bad for them but then again these are the types of people that will be bitching and moaning at the end of the season because the play-offs were 'on' when Freedman took over.

No words. 

Both LTLF and Vital have now deleted their 'Fridgy Out?' threads - and I'm speculating that it's possibly because of the veiled threats of legal action by Fridgy's main internet minder.

One o' t' crossbeams gone out askew on t' treadle again.

Yeah, but you're forgetting that they have the best squad in the Championship.

Now that they have a 'great' Manager in Freedman, who will undoubtedly motivate them in a way that Forest legend Pearce couldn't, and provide tactical astuteness that would bypass most Managers in this division, I'm sure Forest will walk into the playoffs....

Perhaps playing all their remaining games at a walk is the new tactical master plan......

There is more than one person predicting they can make the play-offs. 

Jesus H. Christ. 

I guess these are the type of people that get told by their wife they've got to work until 2, 3 in the morning every night despite having an office job. You've got to almost feel bad for them but then again these are the types of people that will be bitching and moaning at the end of the season because the play-offs were 'on' when Freedman took over.

No words. 

To be fair, didn't we do the same after our initial good run of games when Nige took the DCFC job?

To be fair, didn't we do the same after our initial good run of games when Nige took the DCFC job?

When Clough took over, we had 29 points from 26 games and were in 18th place, 12 points off 6th.

6 games later, we were 15th and had closed the gap by 1 point to 11.

We never got higher and we never got closer, finishing 18th and 20 points behind 6th.

So no, we didn't. Our initial good run of games was 2 successive wins (following 2 successive defeats)

When Clough took over, we had 29 points from 26 games and were in 18th place, 12 points off 6th.

6 games later, we were 15th and had closed the gap by 1 point to 11.

We never got higher and we never got closer, finishing 18th and 20 points behind 6th.

So no, we didn't. Our initial good run of games was 2 successive wins (following 2 successive defeats)

That's a thread from 2009 speculating about whether we could make the play-offs under Clough. So yes, a few did get a bit ahead of themselves at the time. 

I sincerely doubt Freedman can get Forest anywhere near the play-offs, but you can't blame a gump for dreaming. New manager = cause for silly optimism. We've all been there. 

That's a thread from 2009 speculating about whether we could make the play-offs under Clough. So yes, a few did get a bit ahead of themselves at the time. 

I sincerely doubt Freedman can get Forest anywhere near the play-offs, but you can't blame a gump for dreaming. New manager = cause for silly optimism. We've all been there. 

Wow, that's dedication to proving a point. Well played.

Was there only 5 members back then?

Archived