The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

I heard they actually signed 4 players - well, the clubs who were supposed to be selling the players to Forest announced that they had done - but seemingly no joyous announcement from Fridgy.

Saying that, the usual thing is for Forest to get players in, train them for a week then find out that they had screwed the paperwork up, so I guess that they are just saving time and assuming that they have already screwed things up. Probably ran out of paper in the fax machine, so they tried to use bog roll.

Actually, the bloke from Specsavers is on holiday.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard they actually signed 4 players - well, the clubs who were supposed to be selling the players to Forest announced that they had done - but seemingly no joyous announcement from Fridgy.

Saying that, the usual thing is for Forest to get players in, train them for a week then find out that they had screwed the paperwork up, so I guess that they are just saving time and assuming that they have already screwed things up. Probably ran out of paper in the fax machine, so they tried to use bog roll.

So where are these other 3 signings then?

Probably their Clubs will not release them until the Loan fees are paid - they may have a long wait !

So where are these other 3 signings then?

Probably their Clubs will not release them until the Loan fees are paid - they may have a long wait !

My guess is that because they are in an Um Bongo situation, the FA/FL will need to ratify each transfer to verify that they are not telling porkies. Also 2 of the players are from overseas so there may be international clearance/work permit issues.

Lille announced that Mendes had joined Forest on loan with a view to a permanent but later removed the article, this was on Monday night tho. Didn't think they were allowed to sign players with a deal to sign them at the end? Wouldn't be surprised if this is the hold up

Lille announced that Mendes had joined Forest on loan with a view to a permanent but later removed the article, this was on Monday night tho. Didn't think they were allowed to sign players with a deal to sign them at the end? Wouldn't be surprised if this is the hold up

I suspect it'll be okay as long as they aren't paying outside the wages this season... The 'view to permanent' usually means they have the option of bidding at some point (not a transfer pre-arranged) which seems like the perfect arrangement for a transfer embargoed team which MIGHT get the ban lifted by the end of the year...

I suspect it'll be okay as long as they aren't paying outside the wages this season... The 'view to permanent' usually means they have the option of bidding at some point (not a transfer pre-arranged) which seems like the perfect arrangement for a transfer embargoed team which MIGHT get the ban lifted by the end of the year...

don't see how the ban can be lifted, the accounts that will be scrutinized will the ones for 14-15 and they're only allowed £3m (up to £6m) with owner investment. I suppose they could argue they will meet the 15-16 limits by producing future spending projections though.

Fawaz has announced on twitter the main stand will be named after Peter Taylor....

No style or respect. #MUPPET

I don't see a problem with this. Why do you?

only done as a reaction to the press we are getting regarding the Mackay statue ..."

@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ‏@fawaz_alhasawi1 2m2 minutes ago
I am delighted to reveal that plans are in place to rename our Main stand in honour of Peter Taylor, who achieved so much for our club#nffc

Plans in place= quick what can I think of...

No problem with doing this at all, long overdue recognition, but the timing is suspect at best, as is the fact it's not posted on the OS, rather posted on his twitter account from the middle east just after the Mackay statue unveiling.

On a side note, Mackay bursting through granite,  couldn't have picked a more suitable memorial from what I've read and heard.

Well done DCFC!

Only reason he's done it is because of our statue and their **** window. The guy is a total tool.

Whilst I agree with the second statement, perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that there doesn't necessarily have to be an ulterior motive behind everything. I should like to think that perhaps Derby's honouring Dave Mackay has nudged Al-Hasawi in the right direction by righting a wrong that has been perpetuated for decades, so it's all good in my eyes.

Whilst I agree with the second statement, perhaps I'm wrong in thinking that there doesn't necessarily have to be an ulterior motive behind everything. I should like to think that perhaps Derby's honouring Dave Mackay has nudged Al-Hasawi in the right direction by righting a wrong that has been perpetuated for decades, so it's all good in my eyes.

you are red dawn, I claim my £5.

Archived