Sheffield United after Coutts and Freeman

Cam the Ram

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, coz he's paying a scouting network?

Sheffields hardly attractive for players from abroad. Come to that neither is playing in League 1.

How many clubs outside the Prem actually sign a lot of players from outside the UK (not counting those owned by people with links to other clubs)

Its hardly unique to Clough to look locally

coutts is a great back up player, committed, professional, versatile, cheap, decent and competing for a place, before his injury he was one of our best players and he was being played out of position (if im right in thinking he was always a CM before), i'd keep him and at least let him get a pre season under his belt, i cant see him costing to much or losing us money. loan till the end of the season could be perfect. not sure what happened with Freeman, shame, he looked alright and then just wasnt rated anymore, i'd let him move on for free if its better for him. 

Can't believe how much people are underrating Coutts, he's a decent championship midfielder in my eyes, he'd be wasted in League 1. He just got seriously unlucky with injuries. I think we're a bit spoilt when it comes to CMs, understandable mind...

Freeman can go by all means, but Coutts could have a very valuable part to play in our run in. 

Freeman departure means Florist get half the fee doesn't it? I would not sell Coutts  at this point. keep anyone who has a chance of playing then have  a clear out when we get promoted. I thought Clough upset us last time over Bennett so got neither him nor Freeman..

Sell them both but lump all the fee onto Coutts with Freeman as a free.

We don't need either so Nige is doing us a favour if this is true.

And because its a double deal I hope they sell Freeman for nothing and all the fee for Coutts, that way Forest get nothing

An injury to Hughes/Hendrick/Bryson, completely possible mind, would leave us with 2 out and out CMs left with Coutts there on the bench, ready to be subbed on if needs be in a game - so I'd argue he is needed, as back up at least.

I think strength in depth is something fans from most teams always crave - but it seems that now we have it, people might be taking it for granted. 

Think I mentioned that Coutts needs games when he got back from injury... Really can't see him being here end of season. And not surprised Sheffield United are after him...

They've probably got the biggest budget in that league by a good way, think the natives expect promotion there and the chairman aint short is he.

Erm, coz he's paying a scouting network?

Clough's scouting network found those players in the first place. If they are available, it is basic common sense to go for them again. Are people so dumb as to not see the obvious, or are you so consumed with your petty hatreds?

Archived