Sheffield United after Coutts and Freeman

Cam the Ram

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coutts' contract is up at the end of the season, why would we let him go now? Might as well keep him. Not like we're gonna get a lot for him and it's not like we need the money. If we sell Coutts, and then have a spate of midfield injuries that costs us promotion, we're gonna miss out. We need all the bodies we can get.

Keep him here for the run in, if he is deemed not good enough for the Premier League, then don't give him a new contract at the end of the year, that simple.

Bearing in mind Freeman was Free i think , and Coutts for very little from Preston , i recon anything over 400k would be a good piece of business rather it was 470K + tho so it paid for the Raul Albentosa transfer ;)

if we somehow got that much for these two scrubs and got in Albentosa for the same value... I'd give up and just knight Sam Rush now because he's the greatest man ever.

if we somehow got that much for these two scrubs and got in Albentosa for the same value... I'd give up and just knight Sam Rush now because he's the greatest man ever.

I certainly wouldnt put it past the situation , think clough always overpaid for players ....

Freeman departure means Florist get half the fee doesn't it? I would not sell Coutts at this point. keep anyone who has a chance of playing then have a clear out when we get promoted. I thought Clough upset us last time over Bennett so got neither him nor Freeman..

I think the last time,Bennett was going on loan for a "fee",whilst freeman was going for free,meaning forest got sweet FA

As freeman couldn't agree terms,Bennett wasn't allowed to go

Freeman departure means Florist get half the fee doesn't it? I would not sell Coutts  at this point. keep anyone who has a chance of playing then have  a clear out when we get promoted. I thought Clough upset us last time over Bennett so got neither him nor Freeman..

In that case, let him go on a free.

I'd keep coutts.

He's better cover at right back than shotton is.

However he's out on contract in the summer isn't he?

Freeman can go for free.

Surprised nigel hasn't wrapped up a deal for o'brien.

Archived