Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Mafiabob

This weekend we will learn a lot because in addition to this fixture there are some real beauties, with all the top teams (1-6) playing each other:

#4 Derby v #6 Wolves

#2 Boro v #1 Bournemouth

Forest v #7 Norwich

#5 Ipswich v #3 Watford

We win this and it will catapult us ... 

Norwich have got a bye.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves fans are talking about playing 4-6-0 because they have no strikers.

Thing is, I'm not worried about their strikers. I'm more worried about them scoring from set pieces and they don't need strikers to do that.

Wolves, despite bing the Championship's number one team on possession and short passing (something that will suit us!) they've only scored 12 goals from open play in 16 matches!

They've scored 7 from set pieces so far, joint fourth highest in the league.

Wolves fans are talking about playing 4-6-0 because they have no strikers.

Thing is, I'm not worried about their strikers. I'm more worried about them scoring from set pieces and they don't need strikers to do that.

Wolves, despite bing the Championship's number one team on possession and short passing (something that will suit us!) they've only scored 12 goals from open play in 16 matches!

They've scored 7 from set pieces so far, joint fourth highest in the league.

Sounds like the stats of a team waiting to be found out. Looking at their forum, a lot of them seem to be looking to January already.

Hi folks,

Wolves fan here in peace...

Looking forward to the game. I've been to your place twice before, most notably the 3-3 in 2005(?) that included a 90th minute goal for both of us.

With our striking crisis (Dicko has about a 10% chance of being fit), I'm expecting us to lose 2 or 3-0 as we simply don't have anyone to make the ball stick. It'll be interesting to see what Kenny does as nobody else is up to the lone striker role at all.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here...

Obviously with the early KO me and my old man would like somewhere to drink from fairly early on. I see the Brunswick and a couple of others usually open at 11am

Despite the great result on Tuesday, Mac and the backroom staff will do a bit of tinkering for this one.

I expect to see:

Butland
Christie
Forsyth
Keogh
Buxton

Eustace
Hughes
Hendrick

Russell
Ibe
Martin

I think Bucko and Eustace will come in to give us more of a chance of defending against their set pieces. I think it will be a case of everyone playing smart and not letting them draw fouls around our box as I don't think they will hurt us in open play too much. They will be difficult to break down, but I fancy our chances if we remain patient. If I had it my way I would like to see us play the same team, Omar is really growing into the team and Shotton could form a good partnership with Keogh given the games.

Hi folks,

Wolves fan here in peace...

Looking forward to the game. I've been to your place twice before, most notably the 3-3 in 2005(?) that included a 90th minute goal for both of us.

With our striking crisis (Dicko has about a 10% chance of being fit), I'm expecting us to lose 2 or 3-0 as we simply don't have anyone to make the ball stick. It'll be interesting to see what Kenny does as nobody else is up to the lone striker role at all.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here...

Obviously with the early KO me and my old man would like somewhere to drink from fairly early on. I see the Brunswick and a couple of others usually open at 11am

Despite the great result on Tuesday, Mac and the backroom staff will do a bit of tinkering for this one.

I expect to see:

Butland

Christie

Forsyth

Keogh

Buxton

Eustace

Hughes

Hendrick

Russell

Ibe

Martin

I think Bucko and Eustace will come in to give us more of a chance of defending against their set pieces. I think it will be a case of everyone playing smart and not letting them draw fouls around our box as I don't think they will hurt us in open play too much. They will be difficult to break down, but I fancy our chances if we remain patient. If I had it my way I would like to see us play the same team, Omar is really growing into the team and Shotton could form a good partnership with Keogh given the games.

Why are you playing Forsyth as CB and Buxton as LB?

Also Chris Martin isn't a left winger and Ibe isn't a striker.

Archived