Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Mafiabob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be an interesting and I expect a hard fought one as well. Wolves form in their last 5 is: D,W,W,D,L.  When looking at their attack, the main players we have to mark and really pay attention to are Sako who has bagged 7 goals and is a very creative player at times, and also Henry who has 3 and is very solid also.

From what I gathered from the radio, we played decent overall vs, the Terriers, but still gave up some soft goals. That cannot happen against Wolves. Jackett will have them ready, and I expect Mac to have the Rams fired up also.  This is the start of a rather difficult part of our schedule, so we need to makre sure we take care of business.  Wolves are good enough to punish us if we do not come out and play 100%.

I am predicting us winning 2-1 with a goal from Martin in the first, Sako tying it for them from a corner, and then Hughes winning it for us late on with a nice pass from Christie.

Also, keep same starting xi Mac please.

P.S. This is on Bein Sports, so a stream will be available. :)

Only change I'd make is Buxton for Shotton. Harsh on him and I do rate Shots but we need an arial precense against a physical Wolves side, and Shotton didn't fill me with confidence aerially tonight. Wells and Holt won almost every flick on and we got bullied with the long ball (something Wolves will throw at us).

Omar did great but if McClaren wants to go for solidity then Eustace is the man. I'm happy with either playing.

If Ibe had 2 brain cells to rub together, he would be quality. But unfortunately he doesn't.

Speaking of brain cells, Martin's choice of footwear for the first 60 minutes last night probably cost him a goal.

First post, hello, salutations, greetings etc.... :)

Back home for this one, feeling it could be one of those games where we 'flip the switch' and absolutely dominate, winning 3-0. (No idea why I think this, just a hunch!) That, or it'll be a tense affair with yet another late winner... hopefully for us this time.

Not sure why somebody said they'd take a point. We should be aiming to win every single hom game, regardless of the opposiiton.

Wolves have scored so many set piece goals this season so that's a worry. Sakho has probably scored three of four free kicks already.

But they're not particularly a fluent side. They will probably look to frustrate us and grab one or two from set pieces. Similar to Ipswich.

I reckon we'll have the majority of the game but expect a close scoreline. 

Anything will be better than the last time we played them at home, never seen a more boring, completely nondescript game.

The only element of excitement was in the 93rd minute, we won a free kick on the edge of the box and preceded to smack it into the knees of the wall, summing the game up perfectly. How far we've come!

Hi folks,

Wolves fan here in peace...

Looking forward to the game. I've been to your place twice before, most notably the 3-3 in 2005(?) that included a 90th minute goal for both of us.

With our striking crisis (Dicko has about a 10% chance of being fit), I'm expecting us to lose 2 or 3-0 as we simply don't have anyone to make the ball stick. It'll be interesting to see what Kenny does as nobody else is up to the lone striker role at all.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here...

Obviously with the early KO me and my old man would like somewhere to drink from fairly early on. I see the Brunswick and a couple of others usually open at 11am

This weekend we will learn a lot because in addition to this fixture there are some real beauties, with all the top teams (1-6) playing each other:

#4 Derby v #6 Wolves

#2 Boro v #1 Bournemouth

Forest v #7 Norwich

#5 Ipswich v #3 Watford

We win this and it will catapult us ... 

Archived