time for bryson to be dropped

Sexydadbod

Dawkins for Bryson?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think his is for the older guys on here who may have vision problems.

Hey ARAM I am getting on a bit and struggling with my eyesight, but my vision problems have never included seeing multiple random pissed up guys sitting in my hot tub watching Soccerball.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just play Hughes. Whoever partners him will either be good or there's another good player that can play there.

But only Hughes has that influence and wider picture of what's going on to be able to take control.

Don't care who partners him. Just play him.

Just play Hughes. Whoever partners him will either be good or there's another good player that can play there.

But only Hughes has that influence and wider picture of what's going on to be able to take control.

Don't care who partners him. Just play him.

What about if I partner him?

Hughes is great but after his England u21 exertions this season he does need to be given a rest from time to time, he is still only 19 and from what I can see still developing physically.

My central midfield starters for Huddersfield would be Eustace, Hughes, Hendrick.

If the title of the thread were 'time to drop Dawkins' then I would take it seriously. Doesn't quite do it for me out wide and is way too lazy and lightweight to be in the middle of the park.

Bryson is the first name on the team sheet and provides our teams spine with Grant, Keogh and Martin. He is our box to box player though needs to be given the licence to go forward more.

I get the impression Bryson is under orders not to venture forward quite as much as usual. After all, McClaren did recently say that keeping clean sheets is the one imperative when trying to win games.

There seems to be more of a focus this season on keeping the goals out.

Bryson Hughes Bryson Hughes every day of every week!

Best pair of midfielders in the Championship, and if we go up, will be our two there again. I like Dawkins but he's not in the same league as Bryso OR Hughes. The suggestion was silly. When we get to the Premier League, Martin will be a bench player and Ward will be a gone player and Dawkins will be a back up or won't even be on the team. Thorne, Bryson, and Hughes, Christie, and probably Hendrick are here to stay. So get used to it. 

The problem lately as I see it is that there is too much chopping and changing going on.  Mac needs to leave the Bryso-Hughes pair alone and focus on other issues related to the team and how it's playing AS A TEAM.  We need Shotton back in for his playmaking at the back, and probably Eustace as well for his anchoring role. 

Best pair of midfielders in the Championship, and if we go up, will be our two there again. I like Dawkins but he's not in the same league as Bryso OR Hughes. The suggestion was silly. When we get to the Premier League, Martin will be a bench player and Ward will be a gone player and Dawkins will be a back up or won't even be on the team. Thorne, Bryson, and Hughes, Christie, and probably Hendrick are here to stay. So get used to it. 

The problem lately as I see it is that there is too much chopping and changing going on.  Mac needs to leave the Bryso-Hughes pair alone and focus on other issues related to the team and how it's playing AS A TEAM.  We need Shotton back in for his playmaking at the back, and probably Eustace as well for his anchoring role.

Ninos , u have hit the nail on the head

Best pair of midfielders in the Championship, and if we go up, will be our two there again. I like Dawkins but he's not in the same league as Bryso OR Hughes. The suggestion was silly. When we get to the Premier League, Martin will be a bench player and Ward will be a gone player and Dawkins will be a back up or won't even be on the team. Thorne, Bryson, and Hughes, Christie, and probably Hendrick are here to stay. So get used to it.

The problem lately as I see it is that there is too much chopping and changing going on. Mac needs to leave the Bryso-Hughes pair alone and focus on other issues related to the team and how it's playing AS A TEAM. We need Shotton back in for his playmaking at the back, and probably Eustace as well for his anchoring role.

Let's knacker the lot of them with 3 games in a week .

Let's not bother about freshening up the squad at all.

Eustace getting booked all the time and Hughes getting kicked a lot and no rest for the lads for 46 games in the League plus Cup games

Or let's just trust McClaren shall we.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29867260

Will Hughes is no kid that needs bubble wrapping anymore, over 100 appearances, almost 20 years old he has more professional games under his belt than Dawkins who has 6 years on him.

Every player gets a kick in, the younger you are the faster your body would recover

Will Hughes is no kid that needs bubble wrapping anymore, over 100 appearances, almost 20 years old he has more professional games under his belt than Dawkins who has 6 years on him.

Will looked knackered against Wigan .

England games as well

He will be better for the rest.

Listen to McClaren hes not confused he's just not understanding why we are doubting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29867260

Interesting thread and lots of good points.

However, I must take issue with "Dawkins is a natural goal scorer". That's exactly what he isn't, at least so far. I've seen him play about half a dozen times and he's nearly scored in most of those games - but he hasn't. He's almost provided an assist in those games too - but he hasn't.

For me, until he starts to make meaningful contributions, he can't be part of the first 11, irrespective of which position. Better from the bench.

I agree that some aren't playing too well but at times, we coughed and spluttered towards the end of last season too. This isn't all new. We're a top 6 side. Nothing wrong with that given the last 15 years. If we want to take it further, we'll probably need a couple of new chaps with a touch of class.

If the title of the thread were 'time to drop Dawkins' then I would take it seriously. Doesn't quite do it for me out wide and is way too lazy and lightweight to be in the middle of the park.

Bryson is the first name on the team sheet and provides our teams spine with Grant, Keogh and Martin. He is our box to box player though needs to be given the licence to go forward more.

I get the impression Bryson is under orders not to venture forward quite as much as usual. After all, McClaren did recently say that keeping clean sheets is the one imperative when trying to win games.

There seems to be more of a focus this season on keeping the goals out

Agree with this.

The tactics seem to have changed slightly, Its only a tweak but we're not getting as many bodies in the box as often as we did last season.

He hasnt been himself this season. He had one brilliant season and has now gone back to an average midfielder. Time to play dawkins there to provide creativity. Also think fozzy needs to up his game as he hasnt been the same.

Comical. Dawkins in the CAM position? What are you taking? Back to being an average midfielder? When has he ever been average in DCFC shirt?

1 defeat and the kids go suicidal. Grow a pair, it's football, you can't win every game or we'd be Chanpions of Europe

have to agree with Bris that Dawkin's attributes are perfectly suited for one of the advanced central roles. 

Obviously first choice would be to have Hughes in there seeing as he's been our best player by a country mile this season but if Mac feels like he needs a rest he has to replace the technical ability that Hughes brings which sadly Bryson and Jeff to an extent, lack. You wouldn't do well playing Hughes and Dawkins in the middle but I'd like to see Dawkins paired with Jeff or Bryson in the middle as they are both runners.

Archived