time for bryson to be dropped

Sexydadbod

Dawkins for Bryson?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bryson also has more shots per game, goals and assists than Dawkins but to be fair he has played more. You can argue all you like that Bryson should be expected to have a higher passing percentage but he's second in the league overall so for some to say he offers nothing to the team....well the stats are there. 

Also a CM is all about passing, you have to consider their tacking and aerial ability. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson also has more shots per game, goals and assists than Dawkins but to be fair he has played more. You can argue all you like that Bryson should be expected to have a higher passing percentage but he's second in the league overall so for some to say he offers nothing to the team....well the stats are there. 

Also a CM is all about passing, you have to consider their tacking and aerial ability. 

Do you think Andres Iniesta has good tackling ability and aerial ability? It genuinely frustrates me how people think these sorts of attributes are what's needed to be a midfielder.

Patrick Vieira box-to-box clones. We're not in the 90s anymore.

As for assists and shots. I don't really take much notice to such stats. For instance our equaliser at Blackburn was all Dawkins' work, he - when in a central position - played a superb ball in to Bryson who shot woefully and fell into the path of Ward who scored.

From a stats point of view Bryson would get the credit but in reality he was damn lucky because his attempt was shocking.

I remember a few years back people calling for Ben Davies to be starting all the time because he had a good assist record. But on second viewing half them were stupid including that famous miscontrol at Forest which led to Hendrick smashing hime.

That isn't an assist!

I'm sure you don't care about stats when you have been banging on how Dawkins is this superstar passer like Iniesta and it's proven Bryson has a higher pass rate. I don't agree that certain positions should have the higher either, passing a football is basics regardless of where you play, if you can't pass the ball then you may as well quit.

Assists and that I agree with you anyway tbh but again to say he's offered nothing is simply not true.

Stats are not there for how many times Dawkins has lost the ball making poor decisions, but I guess that's due to him playing out of position when he's a natural CM.

I'm sure you don't care about stats when you have been banging on how Dawkins is this superstar passer like Iniesta and it's proven Bryson has a higher pass rate. I don't agree that certain positions should have the higher either, passing a football is basics regardless of where you play, if you can't pass the ball then you may as well quit.

Assists and that I agree with you anyway tbh but again to say he's offered nothing is simply not true.

Stats are not there for how many times Dawkins has lost the ball making poor decisions, but I guess that's due to him playing out of position when he's a natural CM.

Central midfielders should always have the highest pass rates in football. That's obvious and comparing to a winger who's naturally going to have limited options of who to pass to is extremely unfair.

But then again Dawkins' pass stats are the best in the league for a winger. That's brilliant and imagine how good it would be in the middle.

And yes there are 'dispossessed' stats where naturally you'd expect a winger to have much higher than a CM.

But on this occasion...

Dawkins averages one per game and Bryson averages 1.1, For a winger to be more careful with the ball than a CM also shows something.

Dress it up how you want. Dawkins would make an excellent CM in a three-man midfield.

So we've got 6 out of the top 20 players in the division

Yet it's time to play players out of position, McClaren is being an arse in interviews and we're discussing how many games till we will be worried.

Fair to say expectations have now reached unrealistic and arrogant levels.

So Dawkins is only dispossessed 1.0 times a game and average 90% pass success rate and he's a winger. 

Play him in the feckin middle!

I'm done with this now anyway. Those that disagree, well we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'll keep banging that drum when we're crying out for Dawks to be played in the middle but we could talk all day and the only one who really matters in the decision is Steve McClaren.

Happy posting fellas.

Central midfielders should always have the highest pass rates in football. That's obvious and comparing to a winger who's naturally going to have limited options of who to pass to is extremely unfair.

But then again Dawkins' pass stats are the best in the league for a winger. That's brilliant and imagine how good it would be in the middle.

And yes there are 'dispossessed' stats where naturally you'd expect a winger to have much higher than a CM.

But on this occasion...

Dawkins averages one per game and Bryson averages 1.1, For a winger to be more careful with the ball than a CM also shows something.

Dress it up how you want. Dawkins would make an excellent CM in a three-man midfield.

Are Dawkins dispossesed stats less because of Bryson's excellent passing putting Dawkins into space?

Are Bryson's less because when Dawkins wasn't playing nobody was making runs for him?

Are Dawkins less because he's played in games against poor full backs?

Easy to dress them up isn't it? What doesn't lie is that with a midfield 3 of Eustace, Bryson and Hughes we were top of the table.

So Dawkins is only dispossessed 1.0 times a game and average 90% pass success rate and he's a winger. 

I'm done with this now anyway. Those that disagree, well we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'll keep banging that drum when we're crying out for Dawks to be played in the middle but we could talk all day and the only one who really matters in the decision is Steve McClaren.

Happy posting fellas.

Thought you didn't like stats? Or is that only when they don't back you up

Happy posting fellas.

Why do you rate Dawkins so highly? (Genuine question)

Thought you didn't like stats? Or is that only when they don't back you up

I like stats, never said I didn't.

I just don't use specific stats such as 'assist' as some sort of marker as Ben Davies clearly proved how they can be a load of rubbish.

You keep harping on about being top of the league. Stop, you sound like a Forest fan. Being top of the league after 12 games or so is a good achievement but when things can change ever so quickly after just a few more games then it doesn't count for much.

Of more than 12 odd pages on this thread nobody has actually come up with an explanation as why Dawkins wouldn't be a top CM.

All I've seen are lies, made up assumptions, 90s football perspectives and 'stats' which actually work in Dawkins' favour.

Why do you rate Dawkins so highly? (Genuine question)

Just watching him play. As you know I'm a huge advocate of technical football and I just love watching technical players.

England for too long has lauded hardworking midfielders such as Bryson and flashy wingers such as Zaha or Ibe.

Watching Dawkins play is unique in the Championship. His skillset and technical ability is on a completely different level to 99% of the players in the league.

Go on Bryson! Starting with Bris first v Huddersfield. I agree his form isn't there to the level it was last season but some of the comments in here are ridiculous

Looking forward to CB proving the doubters wrong. He is 1st on the team sheet for me no doubt!!

He is a true team player and the next club captain to boot. IMO that is

Just watching him play. As you know I'm a huge advocate of technical football and I just love watching technical players.

England for too long has lauded hardworking midfielders such as Bryson and flashy wingers such as Zaha or Ibe.

Watching Dawkins play is unique in the Championship. His skillset and technical ability is on a completely different level to 99% of the players in the league.

Bris you have no idea bout the game, Dawkins could play to his 50 and never be a midfielder as good as Craig Bryson

"Dawkins is not a winger"

What have I been watching for a year?

Wouldn't call his defending brilliant at Notts Forest, he had the whole stand nervous. Our midfield was awful going into added time.

Not for me. Dawkins needs time when he recieves the ball. He doesn't have the nack to play the ball early. Like Ibe,

he likes to take touches and use his pace out in the space in the wide areas. He wouldn't get that space in the central area

We will see. Let's see what our ex England manager and quality coaching staff deem Dawkins's best position to be. I reckon it's going to be outwide

I would imagine his best position is on the bench

Archived