time for bryson to be dropped

Sexydadbod

Dawkins for Bryson?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not for me. Dawkins needs time when he recieves the ball. He doesn't have the nack to play the ball early. Like Ibe,

he likes to take touches and use his pace out in the space in the wide areas. He wouldn't get that space in the central area

Wow you really think this? Along with Hughes he's our best first-time passer of the ball and your follow up point doesn't describe him at all.

I genuinely have to question what you guys watch when you see Dawkins play. 

He needs space and uses his pace? He isn't actually that quick and is arguably the best player not only in our tea but in the league when it comes to close control, movement and closed-space dribbling.

I'm not advocating for Jordan Ibe to be given a central role here. Dawkins is absolutely nothing like our other wingers in Ibe, Ward and Russell and it astounds me how people think he is.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just leave it at this RammyBoy. McClaren has worked with Dawkins at Derby and when he was at Twente and QPR on trial. If he deems Dawkins to be a better CAM than what we have, he'll play him and there. And if he doesn't, he won't.

McClaren has a far more qualified opinion than you and I. So we will see!

His best attribute is moving with the ball. 

Disagree. When he's involved in the game, his best attribute is his technical ability so passing, making smart runs etc. Basically he's good with the ball at his feet.

However, he doesn't move with the ball that often or not in the traditional winger sense, when he has the chance to run up the by-line, he often chooses not to. I find this ridiculously frustrating because it's often the most attacking option and the best chance to get forward.

This isn't because he's being played out of position and should therefore be played in CM but because his decision making is poor a lot of the time.

If that stat is right then I have no shame in admitting that I was wrong about that but dawkins' passing is in more effective areas

Absolutely. 90% is a higher figure than I expected for Dawkins. Link http://www.squawka.com/players/simon-dawkins/stats#performance-score#derby-county-(current)#football-league-championship#10#season-2014/2015#127#all-matches#1-15#by-match

Would probably be the CH for us, considering our style and the simplicity of their passes

Probably. Most passesshould be the DM. Where the hell is Eustace on that list?

I actually thinkit further enhances my point that Dawkins is suited to a central role. He's just not an out and out winger, and with pass stats like that he should be in the middle.

Probably. Most passesshould be the DM. Where the hell is Eustace on that list?

I actually thinkit further enhances my point that Dawkins is suited to a central role. He's just not an out and out winger, and with pass stats like that he should be in the middle.

Thorne's would be very high.

I'm not writing off Dawkins, I like him outwide, but not sure at CM. We shall see if he's utilised there in the future. Mac will know what's best!

Archived