time for bryson to be dropped

Sexydadbod

Dawkins for Bryson?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is actually one area I picked up on not long ago. We seem to have stopped the high pressure line that served us so well last season and I can't remember too many goals this season that have come directly from winning the ball in the final third.

As for calling out Dawkins' crossing ability. He's never been this sort of player, and Bryson likewise last season never scored the type of goals by getting on the end of crosses.

You want an interesting stat? Derby are 10th in the league for 'ball recoveries' ie. Winning the ball back (preferably in the final third).

Bournemouth and Norwich are the top two.

Bris, that is very interesting about the stats concerning a lack of pressing, which is concerning. Is it one of those evolutions of a team that has got to a certain level and believes it doesn't have to push itself as it once did. Martin is having a cracking season in front of goal, but he isn't exactly a pressing leader. That certainly should be an area that Mac should focus on. Get the team around the telly and show them the benefits of the pressing game. Fitness doesn't seem a problem as we have scored so many late goals, which tends to be the barometer of a fit team.

On an unrelated note, Bris, I enjoy your posts, but maybe acting in a Euro-snobbish condescending manner whenever someone disagrees with you over Dawkins is a bit OTT. I share your admiration for the glue-toed one, but perhaps decrying everyone who believes he wouldn't make a good CM as a footballing neanderthal is a little much.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually one area I picked up on not long ago. We seem to have stopped the high pressure line that served us so well last season and I can't remember too many goals this season that have come directly from winning the ball in the final third.

As for calling out Dawkins' crossing ability. He's never been this sort of player, and Bryson likewise last season never scored the type of goals by getting on the end of crosses.

You want an interesting stat? Derby are 10th in the league for 'ball recoveries' ie. Winning the ball back (preferably in the final third).

Bournemouth and Norwich are the top two.

Bris - I disagree - Bryson did get on a lot of crosses - crosses played along the floor rather than in the air more often than not.

I do agree we don't seem to press with the same intensity as last year but you need to do this as a team - Ward and Russell offer this - Dawkins, Ibe and Bamford from last season, don't offer this. Hughes also doesn't which is why if Hughes plays, Bryson needs to as well.

So, for home games, what about 4-1-3-2?

Butland

Christie 

Forsyth

Keogh

Buxton

Eustace

Dawkins

Hughes

Mascarell

Russell

Martin

Three ball-playing midfielders between Eustace and the attack. Width coming from the full backs wall-passing off the three.

So, for home games, what about 4-1-3-2?

Butland

Christie 

Forsyth

Keogh

Buxton

Eustace

Dawkins

Hughes

Mascarell

Russell

Martin

Three ball-playing midfielders between Eustace and the attack. Width coming from the full backs wall-passing off the three.

i like the look of that

I'd keep Bryson in the 11, but he has been quite underwhelming this season, Hughes is a must start every game, night day between him and Bryson Hendrick in terms of techincal ability.

Hughes is the real deal. You could drop him into Man City or Chelsea's teams right now and he'd be comfortable playing there.

Bryso and Jeff are top players in the Championship, both could play in a prem team although maybe not as influentially (might be unkind to Jeff, he might well make it to the top) as they are now.

Will Hughes will get 50+ caps for England.

Archived