Fulham v Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well under Symons Fulham has really started to get their stuff together, and this one will not be as easy as perhaps some thought when the draw occurred.  I look for a very hard fought match, with us nicking a late goal and winning 2-1.  I would assume Mac will light a fire up the squad's arses after the Wigan performance, so interested to see how we do in that regard.

With Butland being cup tied, Roos will get the start and I am confident he can do a good job.  In regards to the other starting xi? I easily see Omar starting this one, regardless of Eustace scoring(still wide-eyed about that), and I think Hendrick will also. As for the wings, I see Dawks getting a start, and I would like JR to as well.  Shots imo should start at CB also.

Did not play good today at all as has been said, but I am confident we can win this and move on in the cup.  Fulham will come ready to play though, and we have to do the same in matching their intensity and enthusiasm, as we did not do against Wigan.

COYR!

I think the team will be:

Roos (easy decision with Butland cuptied)

Christie

Keogh

Buxton (time to bring him back, with Whitbread not doing enough and Shotton ill)

Forsyth

Omar (another run out as we search for the spark without Thorne)

Bryson

Hendrick (always needs a run of games when coming back from injury)

Russell

Best (I would send him back, but he's been our League Cup starter and I expect Mac will do the same again)

Dawkins

That would be 6 changes, which is pretty much what we've done in the previous rounds. On the bench II'd go with:

Mitchell (GK)

Lowe (let's see what this "future star" can do and give Fozzy some competition)

Shotton (if he's fit to play, or Hanson if not)

Martin

Calero

Ibe

Coutts

Give Hughes, Eustace and Whitbread a rest. In the unlikely event we score goals without Martin, give him a rest on the bench too.

I think the team will be:

Roos (easy decision with Butland cuptied)

Christie

Keogh

Buxton (time to bring him back, with Whitbread not doing enough and Shotton ill)

Forsyth

Omar (another run out as we search for the spark without Thorne)

Bryson

Hendrick (always needs a run of games when coming back from injury)

Russell

Best (I would send him back, but he's been our League Cup starter and I expect Mac will do the same again)

Dawkins

That would be 6 changes, which is pretty much what we've done in the previous rounds. On the bench II'd go with:

Mitchell (GK)

Lowe (let's see what this "future star" can do and give Fozzy some competition)

Shotton (if he's fit to play, or Hanson if not)

Martin

Calero

Ibe

Coutts

Give Hughes, Eustace and Whitbread a rest. In the unlikely event we score goals without Martin, give him a rest on the bench too.

Ah yes forgot about Shots and his 'illness'.

Glad Roos will play. Harsh on him not to give him a go and bring in a keeper who can't kick a ball down the middle of the pitch.

Whitbread's a no for me, he couldn't pass forward either.

Leon Best's best position is sat at home on his sofa.

http://m.livesoccertv.com/match/1355811/fulham-vs-derby-county/

Well according to this the match is on tv in Africa.Hopefully someone there will put a stream up.

They have very few streams over there mate, that's why they keep advertising for water aid.

There is a fantastic joke here you could do with Wiziwig but even I know when to draw the line.

I am hoping to meet a few forum guys before the game. I will see if we can get Daveo's new chant for you going during the match.

RYAN Shotton is set to return to the Derby County squad for Tuesday night's Capital One Cup fourth round tie against Fulham - but striker Leon Best is a doubt.

Shotton missed Saturday's Championship fixture against Wigan Athletic due to illness but trained with the Rams on Monday.

However, Best is now feeling unwell and faces a late check on his fitness as to whether he will be involved at Craven Cottage.

The front man, on loan from Blackburn Rovers, started against Reading in the previous round of the competition.

As previously reported, midfielder Paul Coutts is due to be part of the squad following his return from a hip injury.

I can honestly say I have never seen a 2-0 hammering

Gus Poyet said Sunderland were worse in their 2-0 loss at Norwich last season than they were in their 8-0 drubbing at Southampton, somehow!

Anyway. 1-1, Derby lose on pens. Weakfish team played by McClaren. Would like to see Buxton, Coutts and Dawkins start.

They have very few streams over there mate, that's why they keep advertising for water aid.

There is a fantastic joke here you could do with Wiziwig but even I know when to draw the line.

I am hoping to meet a few forum guys before the game. I will see if we can get Daveo's new chant for you going during the match.

Ha.Appreciate it.

Archived