Promotion Rivals

Bris Vegas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't have the depth to stay on top the whole season.

They made 10 changes to their team and beat WBA last week.

I think they can win the league. They, like us, have a style and identity which makes it easier for players to come in and do the same role.

They play great possession-based football with at a fast pace.

To say they've already played Derby, Norwich, Watford and Blackburn away (four of the toughest away games all season plus Boro and Wolves away over the next 3 weeks) then they're going to be set up to dominate in the second half of the season if they carry on as they do.

Mentioned earlier in this thread that they have a chance. Good teams don't win 0-4 and 0-8 away from home if you're not a top team.

Big test for Bournemouth with the Boro game on Satdee, I'm very happy that we've already beaten them and were comfortably the better team. Wolves are going to be a challenge for us, particularly with our home form being a bit patchy.

But ultimately we can't see how dangerous Bournemouth are until their streak ends, teams reactions to their winning run is very telling; just look at Forest, people were calling them title contenders but tomorrow night they could go 10 games without a win.

Bournemouth is bit like Burnley last season (not in playing style, but how others see them). "They play well now, but they don't have the squad", "they can't stay on top for a long" etc...

Good team, theyl'll be up there.

One of those tables that show all the mini league points gained against rivals only would be nice after Xmas. The Florists team shows what can happen if a couple of key players get injured. It is autumn so why would the leaves not drop off the trees. .

We will be top at 2pm on Saturday if we can keep the Wolves away from the defensive door. I have enjoyed the Capital One Cup but no doubt that the extra three matches have left some players a bit jaded. On the bright side it has given Mascherell the chance to fit in and become first choice as non defensive, defensive central midfielder.NDDCM. If we signed an Egyptian midfielder eg Younis Kaboul,  he could become our first defensive Pyramidfielder, DPM. He could form a partnership with Leon Sphinx who is combative but would need  a good pre-season first.to get fit again. I think that I will apologise in advance for these comments..

We will be top at 2pm on Saturday if we can keep the Wolves away from the defensive door. I have enjoyed the Capital One Cup but no doubt that the extra three matches have left some players a bit jaded. On the bright side it has given Mascherell the chance to fit in and become first choice as non defensive, defensive central midfielder.NDDCM. If we signed an Egyptian midfielder eg Younis Kaboul,  he could become our first defensive Pyramidfielder, DPM. He could form a partnership with Leon Sphinx who is combative but would need  a good pre-season first.to get fit again. I think that I will apologise in advance for these comments..

My big concern about this post is why you've chosen a French CB as an example of an Egyptian midfielder? Perhaps I've missed something.

I don't see Bournemouth as a threat.

The way I interpret the table is that us, Watford, Boro and possibly Wolves will always be there or thereabouts throughout the season. All we have to do is keep ourselves in the top 6 for the time being. The table is so ridiculously condensed, with mid-table and relegation-threatened sides in purple patches constantly nicking points off us. As a result, every now and again a top-6-chasing side like Bournemouth will join us at the top of the table for a bit before falling back again.

The key for the teams like us is to avoid losing three on the bounce.

Archived