Promotion Rivals

Bris Vegas

To be honest I see the top 6 being us, Watford, Norwich, Forest, Fulham and Middlesborough. With us, Watford, Norwich and Boro the four fighting it out for automatic promotion, Forest finishing 5th after petering out towards the end of the season and Fulham scraping into play-offs on the last day. Wolves, Ipswich, Cardiff, Sheff Wed to probably finish just outside. Although a hell of a lot of football still to be played and I'd only bet on us and Boro being top 6 at the end of the season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why so many people are bigging up Cardiff City. They're awful, and they have been playing awful.

I know what you mean but I can't help look at their squad and think they must be capable of a top 6 run. New manager to galvanise them and you never know. 2 from 2 so far under Slade.

You can rule Fulham out

They've won four of their last six games which is a good run but I don't think they will have a good enough away record to sustain a top six challenge.

They've looked dire so far on the road and even under their new boss they lost at Boro, scraped a last-minute draw at Rotherham and edged past a woeful Birmingham side.

I think they will improve but can't see them above 10th to be honest. Beyond what is a pretty decent frontline they have nothing.

They've won four of their last six games which is a good run but I don't think they will have a good enough away record to sustain a top six challenge.

They've looked dire so far on the road and even under their new boss they lost at Boro, scraped a last-minute draw at Rotherham and edged past a woeful Birmingham side.

I think they will improve but can't see them above 10th to be honest. Beyond what is a pretty decent frontline they have nothing.

Losing at Boro is nothing to be ashamed of.

Losing at Boro is nothing to be ashamed of.

I know, but I was merely pointing out that despite their current form at home (3 wins on the bounce, Scored 8 conceded 0) I doubt their away form will prove to be anything special.

They left themselves a mountain to climb, and whilst it's still do-able, they will need 57-60 points from their next 32 games just to make the playoffs.

That sort of form over a season is around 82 points. So unless they're going to the 3rd or 4th best team in the league from today, they won't make the playoffs.

I think Watford are capable of making a nuisance of themselves Thorne, I went for Boro to finish 3rd in a prediction thread at the start of the season, I reckon they could be there or thereabouts.

Not sure if anyone will run away with the title this season ala Leicester and for me that'll make it more exciting.

COYR.

Bournemouth were very good towards the back end of last season and you don't win away games 0-4 or 0-8 if you're not a good team.

I fancy them for a playoff spot at the very least. They've already played the likes of Derby, Norwich and Watford away from home and with Boro and Wolves coming up away soon they've arguably had all the hard away games against promotion rivals out of the way so early in the season.

Solid win for Norwich last night, despite the close scoreline reports say they played very well.

Games to look out for today.

Wolves vs Brum 

Blackpool vs Ipswich

Rotherham vs Boro

Huddersfield vs Forest

Watford vs Millwall

Bournemouth vs Brighton

If we don't win, I can't see us holding on to top spot. In fact, even if we win, a big Watford win might mea we'll drop down to second anyway.

We'll probably start our match in second too, as I can't see Brum beating Wolves.

Archived