Promotion Rivals

Bris Vegas

I'll be sick if I have to watch that cnut Howe win the league.

He'll do his nicey nice interview and everyone will fall in love.

Knob head

Bloody hell Alpha! Haters gon hate.

I've been really impressed with Howe and his team. I wouldn't like to rule them out just yet, they're looking a very good team at the moment.

I was at a coaching seminar a few weeks ago and Eddie Howe gave a presentation on the transition from Attack to Defence and its easily the most impressive thing I've ever seen/heard a football coach spout. Strikes me as a really good young coach who will one day get a shot at the big time, whether that's with Bournemouth or another club is yet to be seen.

They definitely deserve to be where they are, for now.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know where you get that from, it was anybody's game till Camp got sent off, Bournemouth are the best side to come to the IPro this season .

I disagree. We were comfortable that game, they had chances but overall we were dominant.

Wigan are the only team that I've seen come to our place in a while and match us in every department; we weren't good but they made us look worse than we was.

Bloody hell Alpha! Haters gon hate.

I've been really impressed with Howe and his team. I wouldn't like to rule them out just yet, they're looking a very good team at the moment.

I was at a coaching seminar a few weeks ago and Eddie Howe gave a presentation on the transition from Attack to Defence and its easily the most impressive thing I've ever seen/heard a football coach spout. Strikes me as a really good young coach who will one day get a shot at the big time, whether that's with Bournemouth or another club is yet to be seen.

They definitely deserve to be where they are, for now.

Oh I'm not knocking his ability. Good manager. Very very good

One way I use as a measure to see how good a team is is how many wins/losses they have by a two goal margin. It usually gives an indication to how dominant a team is overall that their losses can be 'unlucky/unfortunate' and their wins 'deserving'.

Leicester for instance last season won 13 by two goals or more and lost only three.

Derby won 14 and lost four

QPR in contrast won nine and lost six.

Reading in that 106 season were W21/L0

Derby when we went up under BD were a woeful W5/L5 - we lost as many games as we won by a two-goal or more margin. Shows how lucky we were!

This season:

Derby are currently W4/L0 - I reckon we won't lose more than three games all season by a two-goal margin

Watford are W5/L1

Boro W3/L1

Wolves W2/L1

Norwich W5/L0

Forest W3/L0

Charlton W0/L0

Bournemouth W3/L2

Ipswich W3/L1

Cardiff City W2/L1

From the table so far it shows how IMO and using one way of looking at 'dominant teams' that Derby, Norwich and Watford are the front three and how teams like Wolves and Charlton have been scrapping wins so far rather than actually dominating.

Derby are now the only team in the league not to lose a game by a 2+ margin.

Archived