Best football teams you have ever seen

Sexydadbod

Depends if you're talking about an individual side over a season or one of a sustained period of time.

That Man United treble-winning side in 99 should never get a mention. Won the league with such low points after Arsenal blew it, got completely blown away by Bayern in the final until two goals from corners in the final minute - not a great side at all.

Over a period of time, Barcelona 09-12 is the best. Not only were they special as a club side, they made up a good chunk of a record-breaking Spain side.

Bayern in 2012/13 were excellent, not as good as the Barca 2009 IMO, but still a truelly brilliant side.

ver the past 25 years I can't think of a better side. Ajax were good, Milan were good, Real Madrid were good. But not as good as that Barcelona team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Liverpool team of the mid 80s to early 90s were a great team and very dominant. I remember them tear us apart 7-1 at The BBG.

Arsenal invincibles were very easy on the eye.

Barcelona/Spain in recent years, although I found them very boring to watch, their records speak for themselves.

That Arsenal period of Pires, Henry, Vieira etc was special. Man City, Chelsea can stick their trophies as they won't be as memorable as that team.

Thierry Henry simply the best player in the Premier League's existence.

Obviously Barcelona for a while were pretty much footballing perfection.

Obviously our double European Cup winning side (twice, yes twice) of 79/80. 42 games unbeaten too which is often overlooked.

Other than that I'd say Barcelona 09-12 and United 99-01 for club sides and Spain 08-12 nationally.

I'd also say Arsenal's invincible side but the not winning anything in Europe factor goes against them. Certainly in terms of enjoyment from watching them they're up there.

Never saw you lot as an attractive team. You were well drilled and organised but always thought you set out to stop teams rather than out play them.

Anyone else remember the dominance imo by the 96-97 Dortmund team? I will admit I did not care much about football until I saw them play.Even made my Dad buy me a Sammer shirt.Alas, I eventually stopped following them. Granted, I am sure most of you have never really cared about the Bundesliga,just curious.

Good point.....

i could pretty much name that Brazil team now, without google!

I was 10 years old, and once Sir Alf had fcked up by taking Bobby Charlton off to rest him when we were 2-0 up against West Germany and ended up getting blitzkrieged by the schweinhunts, i fell in love with Jairzinho, Rivaldo, Gerson, Tostao, and of course, Pele, at his peak, at the top of his phenomenal game. The best player of all time playing the best football of his career in the best team of all time....

I had to wait nearly 6 years before i was to see the like again.....Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, born is the king of Derrrrrrrrrrrrby..... :D

I am getting on a bit so I remember the Brazil 1970 world cup team. they seemed to be able to ping a ball about so casually it was just joyful to watch and all with a smile on their faces. Liverpool in the late 70's early 80's .. whenever European football was on telly you sort of knew instinctively they would get a result even if at times it was a bit mechanical to watch. Man U and the treble side were just hilarious to watch" OH we are 2 goals down" .. come on lads lets get 3 in the last half hour. I can also still hear Radio commentators saying

"Todd..... Plays it long to Hector to  O'Hare ! GOALLLLL ! "

Archived