Nick Kuipers - Sky Sports say we are interested

Cam the Ram

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitbread is a better passer

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Did you attend the Millwall game? Whitbread didn't pass it further than 20 yards, even when Forsyth was open up the wing. In stark contrast, it's common to see Bucko spray a cross-field ball and flight it perfectly to land at his intended target's feet. Granted it doesn't always come off but it offers a lot more than Whitbread's sideways passing which doesn't even always retain possession.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Did you attend the Millwall game? Whitbread didn't pass it further than 20 yards, even when Forsyth was open up the wing. In stark contrast, it's common to see Bucko spray a cross-field ball and flight it perfectly to land at his intended target's feet. Granted it doesn't always come off but it offers a lot more than Whitbread's sideways passing which doesn't even always retain possession.

Did the ridiculous overreaction of a laugh make you feel good?

Yes I did, and as a Buxton fan, you should surely know one swallow does not make a summer.

Did the ridiculous overreaction of a laugh make you feel good?

Yes I did, and as a Buxton fan, you should surely know one swallow does not make a summer.

It did actually. 

Whitbread never even attempts to play a long ball whereas Buxton can often execute an impressive lobbed pass. Whitbread has never even demonstrated anything that suggests he is a better passer than Buxton...

Keogh's biggest mistake cost us promotion...

Buxton has been reliable and has been exceptional on the ball.

Not having that, both Forsyth and Buxton made a massive pigs ear of defending the ball in the lead up to their goal. Both them two were to blame much more than an off balance Keogh who tried to clear the ball

For me while Buxton may often do the stand out things and look like the better defender, Keogh is the one that does everything right without always being noticed. If we went up Keogh and Shotton would be the most likely to be successful in the Prem.

That's a good point. I'm Bucko's biggest fan but wouldn't expect him to be first choice in the Prem.

I think he's our best chance of getting there though. The centre backs have to complement each other, its not always the best two players. Many managers make that mistake, the two have to understand each other, have that knowledge of each others strengths and weaknesses.

I believe Keogh and Bucko are the best pairing but its good that Shotton and Zak are there pushing them all the way. They're all getting qame time and, just like the midfield boys, we will need them all during the season.

I agree with you IlsonDerby. Forsyth to blame even more that Buxton. All Forsyth had to do was kick the ball out, he had a two metre start on the guy who crossed it. He shirked the responsibility and gave it to Buxton to deal with.. I believe we have mote chance of staying up after this coming promotion  than we would have done last year.

That's a good point. I'm Bucko's biggest fan but wouldn't expect him to be first choice in the Prem.

I think he's our best chance of getting there though. The centre backs have to complement each other, its not always the best two players. Many managers make that mistake, the two have to understand each other, have that knowledge of each others strengths and weaknesses.

I believe Keogh and Bucko are the best pairing but its good that Shotton and Zak are there pushing them all the way. They're all getting qame time and, just like the midfield boys, we will need them all during the season.

Cloughie got Forest to win two European Cups with Larry Lloyd and Kenny Burns as the centre back pairing. Shows what a miracle worker he was!

Makes you wonder what he'd have done if he'd stayed and worked with Todd and McFarland for another 10 years.

What a thought. You can only assume our success would have carried on into the mid eighties instead of the decline to near extinction that we suffered. When I first started following football in the mid eighties there was a 'big 5' of Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham - who is to say that if we had not continued our success, that started in the early seventies, through to then with a couple of league titles, consistent finishes, European success etc, that we would not have been considered in that bracket?

If we had been a fashionable club at that period and leading into the Premier League era, able to earn the revenue that this opportunity offered, we could possibly have been an established Premier League club like Everton for the last 25 years. We could have attracted world stars, played in the Champions League and regularly provided England with players.

What could have been eh?

The fact that some people love to adopt a blame culture astounds me. Why are some people so quick to want to point the finger at someone and say "it was your fault"?

I heard an interesting thing a few years ago regarding youth development abroad, namely Spain, and for me underlined a fundamental problem in English football. It went on to say that young players are encouraged to take chances and make difficult decisions... encouraged to think for themselves and try to do what they think is 'right'. If it doesn't work out, the mentality is to review it and try again. In England... if you make a mistake as a player (I've even heard slipping over being treated like this also!) you run the risk of castigation by thousands... and not just in the immediate aftermath... but for weeks, months and in some cases years. Your career can be defined by an honest mistake or a slip or you making the wrong choice.

And that for me highlights why we should cherish the fact that this squad that we are seeing develop in front of us appear to continue to try and do 'the right things', despite obvious derision among some of our support. An inevitability of trying to 'play' football is that you increase the risk of a mistake (i.e. more time on the ball, greater endeavour to pass to a team-mate, ergo more opportunity for a mistake).

I have never understood why people get so much joy at pointing their finger at 'the culprit' and satisfaction out of seeing others agonise over a mistake which could be perceived as letting their team-mates down. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone.

I always thought you should build people up rather than knock them when they're low. Thankfully it would appear that our current squad and management team are immune to some of the thoughtless and stupid comments that some people are keen to air, and continue to do the things that has led them to receive the many plaudits that have come their way in the last 12 months.

Playing Hollywood hoof ball doesn't make you a better passer.

Hollywood hoof ball?

Have you seen Bucko's passes out to the wings? He's one of the most accurate long passers for a CB I've seen in a long time... even my dad who thinks Bucko is some kind of long-running joke being played on Derby fans occasionally turns to me and goes "well THAT was a pass..."

I am pretty happy with our centre backs but we still need another one. Love Buxton, love Keogh (although a spade is a spade and it was Keogh that cost us at Wembley AND at Charlton this season!) but we move on, and he's been superb since. Right now I agree with Ambitious that Shotton and Keogh would start if we were in Premier League. Knowing that, we need another stud signing in that position. So are we getting Nick Kuipers or not?  Who else is out there? 

Also, if i am not mistaken, Shotton is a loanee ... supposedly it was with a view to a perm move, but still, he's not a Derby player, he's a Stoke player. And his natural position is right back/right wing so he's still learning CB, but to me he seems too slow for the outside spots, and he won't dislodge Christie who may just get our Best Player award by season's end. Playing right back, I just remember him getting totally fried by Antonio when he played over there instead of Christie. 

Archived