Nick Kuipers - Sky Sports say we are interested

Cam the Ram

The fact that some people love to adopt a blame culture astounds me. Why are some people so quick to want to point the finger at someone and say "it was your fault"?

I heard an interesting thing a few years ago regarding youth development abroad, namely Spain, and for me underlined a fundamental problem in English football. It went on to say that young players are encouraged to take chances and make difficult decisions... encouraged to think for themselves and try to do what they think is 'right'. If it doesn't work out, the mentality is to review it and try again. In England... if you make a mistake as a player (I've even heard slipping over being treated like this also!) you run the risk of castigation by thousands... and not just in the immediate aftermath... but for weeks, months and in some cases years. Your career can be defined by an honest mistake or a slip or you making the wrong choice.

And that for me highlights why we should cherish the fact that this squad that we are seeing develop in front of us appear to continue to try and do 'the right things', despite obvious derision among some of our support. An inevitability of trying to 'play' football is that you increase the risk of a mistake (i.e. more time on the ball, greater endeavour to pass to a team-mate, ergo more opportunity for a mistake).

I have never understood why people get so much joy at pointing their finger at 'the culprit' and satisfaction out of seeing others agonise over a mistake which could be perceived as letting their team-mates down. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone.

I always thought you should build people up rather than knock them when they're low. Thankfully it would appear that our current squad and management team are immune to some of the thoughtless and stupid comments that some people are keen to air, and continue to do the things that has led them to receive the many plaudits that have come their way in the last 12 months.

I understand what you're saying, but the castigation you talk of mainly comes from a very few posters on internet forums. 

At the games, most fans appreciate the fact that we try and play football from the back right through, so odd mistakes are quickly forgotten as the next move is usually sublime anyway!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eddies right.... a decent malt with have aboot 45%. you want to drop that to 35% or there abouts to get the flavours running through. o0o0oh Ardbeg o0o0ooh Laphroig. they'd go down well with kippers for breakfast

I'm just getting into Whisky, tried with couple of spoons of tap water, then with 1 cube of ice.

I think the ice made it more flavoursome.

Should I go back to drinking VK ice or is my current path into whisky alcoholism the norm for a noooby?

Just catching up on this thread.... Think SIX clean sheets in a row says it all as to whose in order for position at centre half....

Nice position to be in though as a Derby fan....

I'm just getting into Whisky, tried with couple of spoons of tap water, then with 1 cube of ice.

I think the ice made it more flavoursome.

Should I go back to drinking VK ice or is my current path into whisky alcoholism the norm for a noooby?

do not put ANYTHING into a decent single malt!

Recommend Lagavullin for smoky oak taste....

Or Talisker for a sweeter taste

A few drops of water is permitted in my opinion, but that's the Irishman in me getting out.

A few drops of water is permitted in my opinion, but that's the Irishman in me getting out.

I shall let you off.... Never tell an Irish person how to drink... But I will stick to what I know! :)

came in from football training last night, soaking wet and freezing cold, the last drops of a bottle of Talisker went down in one glug, did the job perfectly! Love the stuff. 

Brandy over whiskey for me every day of the week. Three Barrels.

Three Barrels is excellent!

But still

Cognac > Brandy > Vodka > Whiskey

And sorry, I know this is way off topic but heard that Brighton is going to make a move for him in January. Can't see Hyypi

Not if you're in the Brunny with Boycie trying to treat Cisse.

Archived