Reading v Derby County

PrivateDerby

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having criticised Ibe, Ive now seen his goal and it was quality. Is he the new Bamford, does very little all game but still makes an impact?  

Having criticised Ibe, Ive now seen his goal and it was quality. Is he the new Bamford, does very little all game but still makes an impact?  

Yes, he is a basically a black bamford with a bit more flair.

Was gonna start a thread about it yesterday but thought I might get deemed a racist.

Anyone see Niall there...???

@dcfcofficial great performance, so happy to have been there today to see that ! 3-0 ! #martin #ibe !

Nobody? You must have all been looking in the other direction.....

Belated congrats, Reading are certainly struggling at the minute, here's a local rag report ..

Wokingham News

Patience wearing thin for Reading FC boss Nigel Adkins after Derby County defeat

Royals have now slipped to 16th in the Championship after a run of six games without a win

Nigel Adkins was once again left lamenting his side

Slightly off topic but I was in Brighton at the weekend and so thought I would check out a promotion contender by going to the game between Brighton and Middlesbrough.

It was more interesting watching the seagulls flying over the pitch. Brighton will be battling relegation and Boro weren't much better - don't think we have anything to fear from them

Belated congrats, Reading are certainly struggling at the minute, here's a local rag report ..

Wokingham News

Patience wearing thin for Reading FC boss Nigel Adkins after Derby County defeat

Royals have now slipped to 16th in the Championship after a run of six games without a win

Nigel Adkins was once again left lamenting his side

Couple of thoughts on the game, (belated; forgot password).

Glad of the win, not at all comfortable. 

Michael Hector looked quality for the Royals...he'll go far, snuffed almost everything out in the second half (couldn't see the first half, crossbar was right across my line of view to the far end).

Martin Kuhl's lad (young Sideshow Bob) looks no more 'the final piece of the jigsaw' than his Dad did.

Reading were very niggly, not physical as such but lots of backing under players jumping for headers, more focused on the man than the ball. Very frustrating and the ref was low standard. I can see the Royal's points about Chrissie's 'professionalism', as we all can, but I'm glad we play the way we do. 

Adkins to get fired...he's just too wet.

I've just had the joy of watching the game again. Well, I say joy - it was certainly an eye opener. 

Grant - 6 - he's done well in parts, but a few 'school boy' errors could have been costly. 

Christie - 7 - the only player in the backline I could muster giving more than a six. I felt it wasn't one of his better performances, too. He look subdued. 

Whitbread - 5 - really, really clumsy. Quite poor. He's lucky not to have seen red for two yellow cards, it was far from his best. 

Keogh - 6 - did okay, the megs on the edge of the box was just head scratching though. Christie really saved him. 

Forsyth - 6 - bad first, okay second. He didn't show much going forward, passes looked amiss. 

Eustace - 6 - I thought he was quite poor in the first, seemed to get to grips in the second. 

Hughes - 7 - good performance, really opened up the space well.

Bryson - 7 - busy performance. He was one of our better players, no doubt.

Ibe - 5 - he scored a blinding goal and looked threatening for 20-odd minutes. The rest of the time, he was just really bad. Anyone remember Bamford's performance v Sheffield Wednesday away? It was like that.

Ward - 6 - movement was good put his end product was really bad. Good corner. 

Martin - 8 - really good performance, good build up play and what not. Good two goals. 

Shotton - 6 - he just didn't seem to have that much to do. He should have done better with Murray when they nearly scored, that's my only real note.

Russell - 6 - not his best game. He has got to step up now he's the main man in the picture; I can't emphasis that enough.

Hendrick - 6 - Tidy when he came on, he didn't get much chance to have an impact. 

On Reading:

the best player on the pitch, in my opinion, was their centre-back Hector. He is a real talent, athletic and strong. He's not the end product, but he's going to be a good player. 

Also, I have never seen such a cynical side. The challenge that took Keogh off was ridiculous, he's just rushed him for no reason and no one has even questioned it. The ball is nowhere near him. Cox did something similar to Ward, too. My guess is he's still hurting from the Forest game.. 

https://t.co/cNY0ER855T

But anyway, yeah. It wasn't a good performance, I don't want to hide behind the results. We've got a clean sheet, but we could have conceded two or three. I'd like to see Buxton come back in, along side Shotton or Keogh. 

Archived