Wanchope

Day

Is Wanchope a legend or hero?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a good article on hero and legends, probably says it better than I ever will.

With ticket prices rising, the regular punter being forced out of the stands and into the nearest pub and with chief executives arguing that football is little more than an

Legendary status is reserved for those that actually contributed to our history. The late 90s were great and everything, but they'll be forgotten eventually. It's only because it's our last successful period that they're talked about in any meaningful way.

Kevin Hector is a legend, Steve Bloomer is a legend, Raich Carter is a legend, Jimmy Methven is a legend...or, rather, they deserve legendary status. I bet a lot of fans would have to Google the last two.

Gordon Guthrie deserves to be as well.

I find it weird that players who had a couple of good seasons to help us to an upper mid table finish in the top flight get called "legends" sooner than players that actually helped us win something, or remained with the club for a length of time.

Wanchope is a hero. Nobody will have heard of him in 50 years' time though.

Here's a good article on hero and legends, probably says it better than I ever will.  http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/what-are-the-ingredients-of-a-cult-hero-in-football

This has the whiff of a rigged poll. Daveo calling an election, posting articles that make sense, and also slipping backhanders. I think we should ignore the facts and simply vote on a poster popularity or personality ticket. Boycie it's going to be a landslide victory my boy.

Archived