message to Stevie Mac

B4ev6is

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it doesn't at all, is Hendrick a legend? nope, nowhere near one

What about Bryson? On his way?

Hat trick against Forest, a winner at the shitty ground, highest scoring midfield for donkeys (probably), potential for plenty more appearances and special moments. I wouldn't call him a Derby legend yet but I also wouldn't say that he's far away

What about Bryson? On his way?

Hat trick against Forest, a winner at the shitty ground, highest scoring midfield for donkeys (probably), potential for plenty more appearances and special moments. I wouldn't call him a Derby legend yet but I also wouldn't say that he's far away

And player of the year twice... IMO player who is still playing can't really be legend. Maybe Giggs in his last years but that's about it.

Legendary status is easier to get when next generation of players are pisspoor, which in Bryson's case is not gonna happen.

Exactly, this all came because B4 was suggesting Calero could be a legend if he plays and scores the winner.

Bring Bryson up who has achieved a lot more at Derby isn't exactly a fair comparison, I picked Hendrick out as he's scored the winner against Forest before and nowhere near legend status.

Pearson's goal v WBA was a more important goal for us than any Forest game, again no legend status there. It takes a lot more than just scoring a winner.

Is Bryson on his way to legend status?...could be but it's very early and he's not exactly started well this season.

There hasn't been one player in my time that I would call a legend, cult hero like Stimac yes but not legend.

Exactly, this all came because B4 was suggesting Calero could be a legend if he plays and scores the winner.

Bring Bryson up who has achieved a lot more at Derby isn't exactly a fair comparison, I picked Hendrick out as he's scored the winner against Forest before and nowhere near legend status.

Pearson's goal v WBA was a more important goal for us than any Forest game, again no legend status there. It takes a lot more than just scoring a winner.

Is Bryson on his way to legend status?...could be but it's very early and he's not exactly started well this season.

There hasn't been one player in my time that I would call a legend, cult hero like Stimac yes but not legend.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Yes, in terms of DCFC through the years, Stimac isn't a club legend. But for me, and people around my age (22), the likes of the promotion winning squad of 1995-96, Eranio, Baiano, Asanovic are the closest thing we have seen to 'legends' play - the players you look up to when you're young. Bryson is probably the closest thing to a legend we have with the current crop, scoring a hat trick and a winner against Forest will go some way to that.

Legend means different things to different people.

Stimac, Eranio, Baiano, Wanchope are heros of mine but nowhere near legends.

For me you either have to win multiple trophies or stay at a club for years, if you can do both like Giggs that's an absolute legend.

With Derby we will never win loads of trophies unless we get Middle East backing, so we need players that stick by the club for years, win a couple of promotions.

Archived