message to Stevie Mac

B4ev6is

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

b4 - I know you have problems with spelling and what not, and most of the forum will know this as well so cut you slack. But I suggest you put in a little extra effort to try and get key names right. Perhaps get them from the Derby website, Wikipedia, or get a friend or family member to check before you post a new thread. Even if you're making a valid point, it won't get taken seriously if you misspell the manager's name.

Saying that, nothing could save this thread. Load of nonsense.

These have all been mentioned before. Along with the reasons why he shouldnt have to.

And most people who take time to read B4s posts actually get the jist and comment seriously most of the time.

And I think B4s spelling etc has improved over the many years hes been posting.

Scraves and Flanges KO

As a person who speaks English as a foreign language I know I've lost some of the posts in translation. Mostly puns and jokes though. So far I haven't had problems to understand whom B4 is talking about. And if I do in the future I will ask him politely. He deserves it.

I don't see why people can't just ignore these threads if you don't like them. Not keen on them myself and disagree with most of what the OP says most of the time but don't see the point of ridiculing Op

Kudos to you four for calling out the appalling behaviour of some in this thread. And I'm sure there are others.

How dare some of you mock someone who has, as has been said already, always been open about his struggles? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

While some will say they were unaware, there have been few apologies since it was pointed out. And some  have continued with it.

What sort of people are you?????? Have you no feeling for another person's feelings?

I do not know B4 but I, for one, respect his courage. I remember his compassion for others who were faced with other issues and, for that, I respect the man.

And I respect his love for our club.

Some of you on this thread should just effing hang your heads in shame.

Kudos to you four for calling out the appalling behaviour of some in this thread. And I'm sure there are others.

How dare some of you mock someone who has, as has been said already, always been open about his struggles? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

While some will say they were unaware, there have been few apologies since it was pointed out. And some cretins have continued with it.

What sort of people are you?????? Have you no feeling for another person's feelings?

I do not know B4 but I, for one, respect his courage. I remember his compassion for others who were faced with other issues and, for that, I respect the man.

Whilst I can't knock any of the sentiment expressed here, and I am sure everyone joins in with your subsequent "best wishes" post, I do think you have gone well over the top RamDom and in some ways your post could be construed as patronising to B4. There are many, many who extract the urine on this forum, and overall it seems to be spread around quite well, and only rarely does it become overly pointed. Even on those occasions I can't recall B4 being at the end of much as most on here recognise his strengths and weaknesses. I know I for one do my fair share of urine extraction, but like others I am happy for some "give and take" to go on, as that is what a football forum is supposed to be about (IMO). In fact, if you took away the football, puns, and urine extraction from this forum you would be left only with a social workers forum. I think also the mods do a pretty good job calling people out if a line gets crossed.

Whilst I can't knock any of the sentiment expressed here, and I am sure everyone joins in with your subsequent "best wishes" post, I do think you have gone well over the top RamDom and in some ways your post could be construed as patronising to B4. There are many, many who extract the urine on this forum, and overall it seems to be spread around quite well, and only rarely does it become overly pointed. Even on those occasions I can't recall B4 being at the end of much as most on here recognise his strengths and weaknesses. I know I for one do my fair share of urine extraction, but like others I am happy for some "give and take" to go on, as that is what a football forum is supposed to be about (IMO). In fact, if you took away the football, puns, and urine extraction from this forum you would be left only with a social workers forum. I think also the mods do a pretty good job calling people out if a line gets crossed.

Take the point but what was in this thread was quite beyond reasonable. I too have no issue with 'urine extraction' and have done my share. And probably overstepped the mark on occasion too. If B4 considered my post patronising, the apology would be swift and heartfelt.

But I'm sorry, to my mind, there has to be a line. That line (for me) is a person's disability or learning difficulty.

I, for instance, am only aware of B4's struggles because he mentioned them in a thread where a young bloke was here seeking help. I admired him for his compassion.

Many of my friends at work often say I am to kind for my own good but I am afaird thats just me. I will help anyone who needs it because I know how it feels.

Great job mate.I am the same way with helping those in need.I have taught over 100 adults and children how to read and enjoyed every second of it.You can never be too kind mate :)

You mention give and take iram and to a point, that's fair comment. A lot of that happens here, without it, as you say, it'd be a bit dull.

But...without meaning to patronise to B4 - who I hope knows I'd never intentionally do, I'm his friend - I think I'm ok telling you & other new members that B4 has dyslexia and learning difficulties and so may not be able to respond with a ready quip like some members can. Not everyone is equipped to deal with sarcasm and are not able to respond to it.

I'd ask members to think how that may feel for a minute and think before posting anything that could be seen as unkind or even bullying when you're on the recieving end.

I don't like any member having an unkind pop at anybody else when it goes past banter, I wish it didn't happen, but mod or not I will pull people if they go too far and it's good to see others jumping in if they see it.

We're not the best Dcfc forum for nowt, it'd be great if we all kept it that way wouldn't it?

As for spelling mistakes, who cares??

Hugs to you all.

Peace x.

While some will say they were unaware, there have been few apologies since it was pointed out. And some ******* have continued with it.

Apart from the use of the term cretins to describe the posters lacking in eduction..........great post :blink:

Archived