The Sun - Ibe stalls deal to leave door open to Bolton

IlsonDerby

If ANY player is doubtful about wanting to play for us then move on.

Do we know he is? If Nixon, or any other hack for that matter, told me that today was Thursday, I'd perm any one from the other six and have a better chance of being right.

His job, purely and simply, is to sell newspapers.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we don't in fairness.

One advantage of not dealing in speculation is that I just don't get worked up one way or the other. I'm quite boring really.

I wonder how these loan players react to the squad not having win bonus's per game this season, do they buy into the scheme and say yeah I'll have some of that or do they insist on being paid separately ?

I wonder if this has anything to do with Ibe's step father's apparent reluctance to get him to sign for a club where the manager played a part in the only club side in this country to win a treble, yeah we know his tenure as England manager wasn't brilliant but I'm sure Ibe could learn a bit more about his trade from McClaren than he could from Freedman.

Isn't that better for his future wherever it may be than money at this time in his development ? 

I wonder how these loan players react to the squad not having win bonus's per game this season, do they buy into the scheme and say yeah I'll have some of that or do they insist on being paid separately ?

I wonder if this has anything to do with Ibe's step father's apparent reluctance to get him to sign for a club where the manager played a part in the only club side in this country to win a treble, yeah we know his tenure as England manager wasn't brilliant but I'm sure Ibe could learn a bit more about his trade from McClaren than he could from Freedman.

Isn't that better for his future wherever it may be than money at this time in his development ? 

Who says that money has anything to do with it?

Liverpool will be the financial side of it; Ibe won't make any money from it - I don't think. Win bonus and appearance fees, maybe?

I think it will come down to him getting first team football and guarantees - I think at Bolton he runs pretty much unopposed, whereas here, he has three players already fighting over two positions, not to mention Best, Calero and Santos. 

It's a key decision for him, and I genuinely think he can make a success of it here. However, you've got to remember this lad is only 18 and will be expected to play like an experienced pro from the word go here, whilst at Bolton he has a bit more leeway. 

We'll see, I would love him here but I wouldn't blame him for not coming here - it's a big ask for a young player, an extremely big ask. 

Ha ha, I thought someone would pick up on that, of course nobody has mentioned money, it's just my belief (and I could be wrong) that when a family member is acting as an adviser, their first thought is "kerching" as opposed to looking at the big picture for their prospect's career.  :)

Liverpool will be the financial side of it; Ibe won't make any money from it - I don't think. Win bonus and appearance fees, maybe?

I think it will come down to him getting first team football and guarantees - I think at Bolton he runs pretty much unopposed, whereas here, he has three players already fighting over two positions, not to mention Best, Calero and Santos. 

It's a key decision for him, and I genuinely think he can make a success of it here. However, you've got to remember this lad is only 18 and will be expected to play like an experienced pro from the word go here, whilst at Bolton he has a bit more leeway. 

We'll see, I would love him here but I wouldn't blame him for not coming here - it's a big ask for a young player, an extremely big ask. 

I agree. I would love for him to come here as I  think he has great potential.  However, as you mentioned he would have more leeway at Bolton in terms of his play and would be a starter from day one.  With the Rams, he could struggle to get playing time and that in itself would hurt his growth. As you said, I of course would love to get him, but cannot blame if he prefers to go to Bolton just to be in the limelight more as it were and to get more playing time.

If he needs he step dad to hold his hand, then stay in the nursery at Liverpool Jordan, it might be a bit too grown up down here for you.

******* agents, should be round up and shot, only ever interested in how they best benefit, tossers.

If he needs he step dad to hold his hand, then stay in the nursery at Liverpool Jordan, it might be a bit too grown up down here for you.

******* agents, should be round up and shot, only ever interested in how they best benefit, tossers.

So when did you stop listening to your dad's advice then? 16? 15?

Also, I don't buy into this maybe he thinks coming to Derby is too far from Liverpool tripe either.

George Best left Belfast at 15 to go to Manchester, David Beckham left Walthamstow to go there at what, 13/14 ? Cesc Fabregas left Spain to go to London at 16, and what about Messi ? What was he when he left Argentina to go to Barcelona ?

You do what you can to further your career, it's all about desire for me.

Personally i'd like to see this guy in our team! His performances for Liverpool in pre season were superb and if he could replicate those performances in the championship he'd tear defences to bits... 

Equally, if he doesn't come, i'd like to see Calero and Santos come into the first team a bit more! They both looked sharp on Tuesday night!

Maybe he thinks his career will be advanced more by playing week in week out, than by swapping one bench for another. Would like to see him here, based purely on Ambitious's enthusiasm, but the lad has to make the decision for himself, sure money is the last thing on his mind if he's as good as made out.

So if Bolton can't afford him, what is the alternative for him? Surely Rodgers can't be happy for him to continue to sit on the periphery of football because he'd rather not drive to Derby.

Wisdom has moved to West Brom for football, surely that's a further poke?

Archived