The Sun - Ibe stalls deal to leave door open to Bolton

IlsonDerby

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends. If he's only going to come here as the 4th choice winger and get 20 minutes a week (barring injuries to people ahead of him), he might be better off going to Bolton and playing a full 90 a week (although I've no idea what the actual competition for places is like at Bolton).

If the reports about him are true i'd like to think he'd be pushing for a starting place each week. But if that's not the case i can see why Bolton might be more appealing. 

Surely the management at Liverpool would rather see him at Derby where his character, drive and ambition will be more clearly demonstrated. He will face stiff competition for a starting place every week and then have to assert himself in that role to hold it down. Our style of play will (probably) also mean it will be more likely he would see more of the ball to create/take more chances than at Bolton. Still, it's his decision in the end. If he doesn't want to come, move on and look elsewhere...    

Interesting. I'm completely perplexed by it all.

Fair play to the kid though, he obviously wants to think through his decision and it's well within his right and interest. I hope he makes the right decision, whether it's them or us. He's a special talent, he needs to be coached correctly.

I think Bolton would be a mistake for him, a huge mistake, but I guess he'll know better than me.  

If this is true (uncle rupes' house of lies not the most reliable source) then we should defo bin him off...

He obviously wants to stay close to Liverpool so let him... He's only 18 and may not feel comfortable moving away from home for a year...

Archived