The Sun - Ibe stalls deal to leave door open to Bolton

IlsonDerby

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should surely come down to coaching? If he's that good he will have enough about him to hold down a first team spot, so surely getting coached by Steve Mac (a la Wisdom) will do him the world of good?

This team is last years play-off finalists, what could he possibly want at Bolton?

If it's logistical then the lad needs to grow a pair.

If it's logistical then the lad needs to grow a pair.

That's unfair... I moved to uni when I was 18 but my best mate stayed near home... in fact the furthest he's ever moved is 10 miles away...

Not gonna have a pop at a young lad who doesn't like the idea of moving away from where he's grown-up/spent a lot of time

Plus he isn't even in the u-21 squad... 

? Ibe was without question their starman in the U21s last season and was included on the first-team bench for opening day. He's stuck between the U21s (where he's too go to play) and the first-team (where he faces competiton from

It does seem a little odd that virtually all of our local media (Internet, radio, newspaper, and T.V!?!)  have been all but confirming that Ibe was a shoe-in to join the club right up until last night/today (implying along the way that both Derby and Liverpool saw his destination as being the Ipro this season) and then suddenly, out of the blue, indications are that Ibe and Liverpool would prefer him to be more local!?! Surely that was something that could/should have been anticipated and resolved much earlier than this?  

That's unfair... I moved to uni when I was 18 but my best mate stayed near home... in fact the furthest he's ever moved is 10 miles away...

Not gonna have a pop at a young lad who doesn't like the idea of moving away from where he's grown-up/spent a lot of time

Did your mate have the choice between Cambridge and/or Southampton Solent, though?

Interesting. I'm completely perplexed by it all.

Fair play to the kid though, he obviously wants to think through his decision and it's well within his right and interest. I hope he makes the right decision, whether it's them or us. He's a special talent, he needs to be coached correctly.

I think Bolton would be a mistake for him, a huge mistake, but I guess he'll know better than me.  

I'm just as perplexed as to why people are happy to have Coutts as one of the 4 wingers

I'm just as perplexed as to why people are happy to have Coutts as one of the 4 wingers

Coutts will need to be moulding into our system, but he definitely won't be a winger. I think he's actually a Hendrick type player but in his defence he has never been played in the correct position here.

Ibe is a dirty little slut. He's flirted outrageously with Bolton, given them a very public kiss and cuddle, then when they've got him alone and moved in for third base he's held their hands back and asked for a pearl necklace and gold watch. When they've resisted he's left in a humph and grabbed the nearest man, Derby County, and danced exotically for them, rubbing himself against them in full view of the very jealous Bolton Wanderers. Just as Bolton have raised their arm to say 'you can have her (him)', Ibe has given them a filthy wink coupled with beckoning, come-to-bed eyes. Angry and horny, Bolton are now on the phone to the local jewellers, heart ruling head.

Ibe is a dirty little slut. He's flirted outrageously with Bolton, given them a very public kiss and cuddle, then when they've got him alone and moved in for third base he's held their hands back and asked for a pearl necklace and gold watch. When they've resisted he's left in a humph and grabbed the nearest man, Derby County, and danced exotically for them, rubbing himself against them in full view of the very jealous Bolton Wanderers. Just as Bolton have raised their arm to say 'you can have her (him)', Ibe has given them a filthy wink coupled with beckoning, come-to-bed eyes. Angry and horny, Bolton are now on the phone to the local jewellers, heart ruling head.

Been there?

For the good of his career I hope he comes to us. Good young English player with the potential to be miles ahead of your Zahas/ Redmonds (as Ramage would call them) but if he chooses Bolton because he wants to stay local then fair enough. You'd have thought with the success of Andre last season he wouldn't have to think twice about it mind. 

Archived