would we be doing better than Leicester and Burnley in the premier league

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick of these threads, lets get there not worry about anyone else!

It's worth debating what our chances of survival might be should we get up this season. And as we have non idea what next season might bring in the prem, then our only frame of reference is what happens this season with the currently promoted teams.

For what it's worth, I think our style is exciting, and blows away most teams in this division. But I think last season we showed that our style is frightening up to a certain level. We were on a par with QPR (probably slightly better), on another day could have beaten Burnley, but we were taken to school by Leicester at there's, and by Chelsea in the cup. Maybe a bad day at the office, but I just have a horrible feeling that if/when we get promoted, we'll meet more opposition like that, and no one that'll roll over for us like Fulham.

Basically I'd expect us to have to change our style a bit, and not assume tf will work as well as if has down here.

Also, it'll help if we go up champions, then I could at least be confident that, assuming we have a summer as good as the other promoted teams, there will be at least two teams that we should be better than.

Do better than Leicester, Burnley or QPR??? We lost to Charlton!!!!

Charlton beat Leicester at home (Charlton's home) last season too.

Fun fact, they also beat Cardiff at home the season before. If we top the league this season they would have beaten the Champions at their (Charlton's) home 3 seasons running.

I don't think we would be. What Leicester and Burnley showed last year was the ability to grind out results in tough games, something we lacked, just look at Birmingham away as an example. 

Surviving in the Prem is about picking up as many points as possible, not about how you play football because no matter how well we play, the likes of Man City and Chelsea will always play better. Therefore, Leicester especially are probably going to handle the Prem this season better than we would have.

Leic's got a tough start so can't really say how their going to do, I think Burnley will come back down and i hope qpr do, not for beating us in the final but i don't like redknapp, rich mans billy davis.

I think the squad we have at the moment (including a fit Thorne) we would be ok, wouldn't pull up any trees, but We'll be fine.

You also have to think we would be improving the squad once promoted too.

It really doesn't work to say we beat them but lost to those we so would struggle against so & so. Football is variable. The EPL is only so consistent because the top 5/6 are literally teams full of world stars and out of sight to the likes of us. I am increasingly of the belief however that the difference between mid to lower prem & the top two or three in the Championship is closing.

Archived