Derby County v Fulham

PrivateDerby

Decent first half, excellent second half.

Not sure how Forsyth is getting a 6. He was up against Roberts, England's best player at his age group and Fulham's best player this season so far. Barely gave him a kick.

That's because they didn't even try and attack down our left. Everything came down our right side and was dealt with by Christie.

It's like they had done their research and just thought that it would be a lost cause.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How refreshing is it for us to look dangerous when attacking down the right? That's no criticism of Wisdom because he was obviously more defensively minded than Christie, but so often last season our attacks stalled and slowed down the right hand side.

Happy with that, and hopefully, it will shut a couple of people up. That performance was coming and we played a woeful Fulham at just the right time. Confidence has come flooding back now.

Grant - 6. Had little to do but I was a bit disappointed with some of his distribution today.

Christie - 2. Where's Brayford?

Keoghllini - 7. Solid.

Buxton - 8. As solid as Keogh but with one or two things which would look amazing in a montage.

Forsyth - 6. He was awesome defensively today, but he gave the ball away quite cheaply as well.

Eustace - 6. Guilty of giving away a couple of cheap free-kicks, including one which resulted in their goal, and it's clear that he's much less capable with the ball than Hughes or Mascarell. That said, he didn't look out of place today and he offered more protection than Hughes has done recently. I'd give him the nod above Hughes, but I still hope Omar's better in the position.

Hendrick - 7. He started off poorly, but he grew into it - his ball to Russell for the second goal was outstanding, and he was involved in a lot in the second half.

Bryson - 4. Apart from his goal, he offered precious little once again. I've always said he can be anonymous when the team isn't playing well and when it wasn't quite coming off for us in the first half, I forgot he was playing. This may seem like a harsh mark given his goal, but I can't remember him doing much apart from that. His place in the team can't be safe. But I'm not too worried- he got that goal today. His form will return.

Ward - 9 (MOTM). We've cracked the Ward code! Simply piss him off and he'll be incredible for a couple of games. Before every game, Simmo should slag off his Mrs and slap him across the face before we send him out.

Russell - 8. Unlucky not to score today, but his assist was a piece of real quality. Not much else came off for him, but the effort was there.

Martin - 8. He was brilliant today, and good value for his two goals. Who would you rather have today - Martin, or McCormack?

Subs

Dawkins & Hughes - both 9. They gave us two extra goals!

Bryson 4 ?????? Thank god his batteries haven't run out like ur eyesight , the run for the goal and finish was worthy of a 10 , pure class

Bryson 4 ?????? Thank god his batteries haven't run out like ur eyesight , the run for the goal and finish was worthy of a 10 , pure class

Aren't opinions a wonderful thing.

4 is harsh, I just know he can do better. Hughes will be after his place.

I genuinely don't think we were that good. Not going to go on about it and put people down but there's times when we've lost and drawn and played better. So just a few brief comments...

Eustace doing a Savage by picking easy passes for himself and not for the team.

For 20 mins we were a hoofball side.

Forsyth never managed to cross the halfway line until the end. Tactical?

Too slow (but I am still sure it will come in time.

I do my fair share of sticking up for us so I think I'm allowed the odd moan. I just wasn't impressed by us. Thought ironically we were quite negative for large periods.

Still quality on the counter. But when not allowed to counter I thought we were 'meh'

Surprised out of all of that, nobody bit at Christie's rating.

I meant 5 for Eustace.

Not sure hoe you can rate hendrick so much higher than bryson and eustace?

Aren't opinions a wonderful thing.

4 is harsh, I just know he can do better. Hughes will be after his place.

It will be bryso and one of jeff and will , personally I would go with will but whoever plays in there make it 2 from those 3 with eustace sitting

A lot of people not giving Fozzy much credit after today but I think he deserves real credit with the way he dealt with Roberts. Roberts is being scouted by the top clubs and has dazzling feet at times but Fozzy was suburb today defensively and made some crucial tackles to keep Derby in the ascendancy

Happy with that, and hopefully, it will shut a couple of people up. That performance was coming and we played a woeful Fulham at just the right time. Confidence has come flooding back now.

Grant - 6. Had little to do but I was a bit disappointed with some of his distribution today.

Christie - 2. Where's Brayford?

Keoghllini - 7. Solid.

Buxton - 8. As solid as Keogh but with one or two things which would look amazing in a montage.

Forsyth - 6. He was awesome defensively today, but he gave the ball away quite cheaply as well.

Eustace - 6. Guilty of giving away a couple of cheap free-kicks, including one which resulted in their goal, and it's clear that he's much less capable with the ball than Hughes or Mascarell. That said, he didn't look out of place today and he offered more protection than Hughes has done recently. I'd give him the nod above Hughes, but I still hope Omar's better in the position.

Hendrick - 7. He started off poorly, but he grew into it - his ball to Russell for the second goal was outstanding, and he was involved in a lot in the second half.

Bryson - 4. Apart from his goal, he offered precious little once again. I've always said he can be anonymous when the team isn't playing well and when it wasn't quite coming off for us in the first half, I forgot he was playing. This may seem like a harsh mark given his goal, but I can't remember him doing much apart from that. His place in the team can't be safe. But I'm not too worried- he got that goal today. His form will return.

Ward - 9 (MOTM). We've cracked the Ward code! Simply piss him off and he'll be incredible for a couple of games. Before every game, Simmo should slag off his Mrs and slap him across the face before we send him out.

Russell - 8. Unlucky not to score today, but his assist was a piece of real quality. Not much else came off for him, but the effort was there.

Martin - 8. He was brilliant today, and good value for his two goals. Who would you rather have today - Martin, or McCormack?

Subs

Dawkins & Hughes - both 9. They gave us two extra goals!

WTF!!!??!

Brilliant performance by us today.

My ratings today:-

Grant- No chance with the goal. Struck just inside the post. Good command of his area and always looking to start an attack. Little else to do. 8

Christie- I get more impressed with this lad everytime I see him. He's only going to improve as well. I actually cant remember him putting a foot wrong today. 9

Keogh- Solid. Never let us down. Headed everything. 8

Buxton- Exactly the same as Keogh. Very solid performance. 8

Forsyth- Very good defensively. Didnt get forward to much and put a couple of passes astray. 7

Eustace- Just what was needed. Solid and mopped everything up. Very impressive. We play better when he plays. 8

Bryson- Decent performance. A lot of running and nice to see him get off the mark. Still room for improvement. 7

Hendrick- Not the best game for him today. I thought the game passed him by a bit. Brilliant ball to Russell to set Bryson up for his goal and grew into the game

Ward- Im not Wards biggest fan. By a long shot. But he was superb today. Quality going forward, but good balls in and worked his socks off. My main criticism kf Ward is he isnt consistent. If he plays like that most weeks he'd be in the side everytime. But brilliant today. 9

Russell- Good performance. 2 assists. Cant ask for much more. Like Ward, worked his socks off. 8

Martin- MOM. For me that was a complete centre forwards performance. His hold up play was superb, his touch was brilliant. He knows what to do with the ball before he gets it as we saw with some of his brilliant first time balls. His awareness is brilliant. Topped off with 2 goals. 10.

Hughes showed his class when he came on. Must be hard for McClaren to pick 2 from Hendrick, Bryson & Hughes. Im sure lots of us have different opinions on who should play.

Archived