Derby County v Fulham

PrivateDerby

Grant 6 - Didn't have too much to do. Didn't stand a chance with their goal, which was an excellent finish.

Christie 9 - The lad is so good, both offensively and defensively. If he keeps this form up, he'll be better than Wisdom, without a doubt.

Keogh 7 - Looked solid, although Fulham didn't offer much going forward. Some nice interceptions though.

Buxton 7 - Same as Keogh. Fulham looked to play the long ball a lot and it seemed that Bucko was the one designated to deal with them, which he did.

Forsyth 6 - Very quiet. Looked to hold back a bit more than usual and wasn't tested defensively nearly as much as Christie.

Eustace 8 - Exactly what we needed in the middle. Broke up play and was a calming presence on the rest of the team, even when we were under the cosh a bit. Got absolutely skinned a couple of times though.

Hendrick 6 - Also very quiet. Gave the ball away quite a bit and we didn't see those trademark driving runs at all.

Bryson 6.5 - Full of running but, besides the goal, didn't offer too much. Still not got that link-up play with Martin going just yet.

Ward 9 MOTM - I'd be testing him for PEDs after that performance. Absolutely tireless and everything seemed to come off for him. Great finish too.

Russell 6.5 - Got two assists but I'm still not completely satisfied with his form so far. Gives the ball away far too cheaply at times, even when he's done the hard bits before it.

Martin 7 - Took a bit of a beating today but his link-up play was superb, as always. Great for him to get off the mark with two goals as well.

Hughes 7 - Needs to start in the advanced CM role next game. Ran at the Fulham defence at every opportunity and set up the last two goals.

Dawkins 7 - So happy for him. Looked very bright, scored and could have had another. Dawks and Ward to start, for me.

Best N/A - Not even sure if he touched the ball.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby were top class today!! Ward, Christie excellent! Rest played decent but not their best and we still won 5-1

As for Fulham sandwhich they were terrible

Saw Bryson's goal on Sky Sports, if that had been Van Persie to Rooney or two of Chelsea's "superstars" doing exactly the same thing, the Sky pundit's would be jizzing themselves all month and there'd be countless replays on SSN.

Marvelous stuff, onwards and upwards you Rams. 

I would to know where are all those people that said "Ward's legs have gone and doesn't have a 90 minutes in him anymore," have gone?

Agreed. They clearly weren't at the home leg of the Brighton playoff, where he did everything but score and was fantastic. He really is a confidence player, and with any luck he is embarking on one of those runs that he had in McClaren's first few games. When it ends we'll then probably need to play someone else for a while. Strength in depth. We have to trust SM - that Man U team he coached was all about rotation and horses for courses.

Not

Grant 6 - Didn't have too much to do. Didn't stand a chance with their goal, which was an excellent finish.

Christie 9 - The lad is so good, both offensively and defensively. If he keeps this form up, he'll be better than Wisdom, without a doubt.

Keogh 7 - Looked solid, although Fulham didn't offer much going forward. Some nice interceptions though.

Buxton 7 - Same as Keogh. Fulham looked to play the long ball a lot and it seemed that Bucko was the one designated to deal with them, which he did.

Forsyth 6 - Very quiet. Looked to hold back a bit more than usual and wasn't tested defensively nearly as much as Christie.

Eustace 8 - Exactly what we needed in the middle. Broke up play and was a calming presence on the rest of the team, even when we were under the cosh a bit. Got absolutely skinned a couple of times though.

Hendrick 6 - Also very quiet. Gave the ball away quite a bit and we didn't see those trademark driving runs at all.

Bryson 6.5 - Full of running but, besides the goal, didn't offer too much. Still not got that link-up play with Martin going just yet.

Ward 9 MOTM - I'd be testing him for PEDs after that performance. Absolutely tireless and everything seemed to come off for him. Great finish too.

Russell 6.5 - Got two assists but I'm still not completely satisfied with his form so far. Gives the ball away far too cheaply at times, even when he's done the hard bits before it.

Martin 7 - Took a bit of a beating today but his link-up play was superb, as always. Great for him to get off the mark with two goals as well.

Hughes 7 - Needs to start in the advanced CM role next game. Ran at the Fulham defence at every opportunity and set up the last two goals.

Dawkins 7 - So happy for him. Looked very bright, scored and could have had another. Dawks and Ward to start, for me.

Best N/A - Not even sure if he touched the ball.

Not bad but.........................

Martin 7.5 lay off play at times was outstanding

Bryson 6.5 great goal but not much else

Russell 8 if for nothing else but 2 outstanding balls in for Ward and Bryso to stick one in the onion bag

Hughes 7.5 2 assists in 2 mins....

Not Not bad but.........................

Martin 7.5 lay off play at times was outstanding

Bryson 6.5 great goal but not much else

Russell 8 if for nothing else but 2 outstanding balls in for Ward and Bryso to stick one in the onion bag

Hughes 7.5 2 assists in 2 mins....

Yeah, a little bit of leeway in my ratings, although I did actually give Bryson a 6.5 :p

Disagree with Russell. Two great crosses, everything else was pretty poor. Tries to make things happen though, which I will give him credit for.

Happy with that, and hopefully, it will shut a couple of people up. That performance was coming and we played a woeful Fulham at just the right time. Confidence has come flooding back now.

Grant - 6. Had little to do but I was a bit disappointed with some of his distribution today.

Christie - 2. Where's Brayford?

Keoghllini - 7. Solid.

Buxton - 8. As solid as Keogh but with one or two things which would look amazing in a montage.

Forsyth - 6. He was awesome defensively today, but he gave the ball away quite cheaply as well.

Eustace - 6. Guilty of giving away a couple of cheap free-kicks, including one which resulted in their goal, and it's clear that he's much less capable with the ball than Hughes or Mascarell. That said, he didn't look out of place today and he offered more protection than Hughes has done recently. I'd give him the nod above Hughes, but I still hope Omar's better in the position.

Hendrick - 7. He started off poorly, but he grew into it - his ball to Russell for the second goal was outstanding, and he was involved in a lot in the second half.

Bryson - 4. Apart from his goal, he offered precious little once again. I've always said he can be anonymous when the team isn't playing well and when it wasn't quite coming off for us in the first half, I forgot he was playing. This may seem like a harsh mark given his goal, but I can't remember him doing much apart from that. His place in the team can't be safe. But I'm not too worried- he got that goal today. His form will return.

Ward - 9 (MOTM). We've cracked the Ward code! Simply piss him off and he'll be incredible for a couple of games. Before every game, Simmo should slag off his Mrs and slap him across the face before we send him out.

Russell - 8. Unlucky not to score today, but his assist was a piece of real quality. Not much else came off for him, but the effort was there.

Martin - 8. He was brilliant today, and good value for his two goals. Who would you rather have today - Martin, or McCormack?

Subs

Dawkins & Hughes - both 9. They gave us two extra goals!

Half 1-0. We are winning but what a drab performance. are we trying to defend a 1-0 lead? this team isn't going anywhere unless they can play dominating football. we get the ball into a dangerous position, and then work it back to our own goalie? very disappointed in how often martin gives the ball away or appears to show little effort. he has the occasional nice touch but he's far below par. not saying replace him but severe kick up the a** neeeded. we are missing the possessive creative play of Hughes in my opinion

The great thing about someone going all OTT at half time is that there are 45 more minutes remaining to make you look a total arse.

Actually, I think you ought to do it every week - 'take one for the team', so to speak.

love how the fulham players basicaly gave up and let us pass around while they stood around and watched :D

Should have charged them to get in - bunch of spectators for the last thirty minutes.

Was a good performance against an awful Fulham team. When I saw their team before the game I only recognised Parker and McCormack, I was expecting a much better team for a relegated prem side.

We clicked in the 2nd half, the passing and movement was just too much for them. The only thing that is concerning me at the moment is that we are playing a lot more long balls from the back than we did last season.

Grant 7 - Few decent saves when called upon

Christie 8 - Defended well and went on a few good runs going forward. Linked up with Ward well and looks a proper signing.

Keogh 6 - Quiet game, dealt with what Fulham offered easily

Buxton 6 - Same as Keogh

Forsyth 6 - Must have been told to stay back more to deal with their young winger who at times caused problems

Eustace 8 - Great display. Was always in space and kept us ticking

Bryson 7 - Plenty of running as usual and a good finish

Hendrick 6 - Quiet game 

Ward 9 - My MoM. Linked up well with Martin and caused Fulham problems every time he had it

Russell 7 - Tried hard and had an ok game. Still doesnt look match fit imo

Martin 8 - Superb 2nd half was the link in every move going forward

Best - No rating because I can't remember him touching the ball when he came on

Hughes 9 - Absolutely awesome. He is a tidy player in the cdm role but todays short role should of reminded everyone what we are missing if we dont play him CM. Ran at the fulham defense constantly and had an end product. Amazing

Dawkins 8 - So happy that he scored that goal after hitting the post a minute before. Still one of my favourite players when he turns up and hopefully this gives him the confidence he needs.

Also the ref had a good game which should be mentioned

We have a tough run coming up so this result couldn't of come at a better time

Not sure their free kick for the goal was actually a foul, looked very harsh from where I was, just their bloke falling over very easily.

It was. Well played by 11 million man. Actually it was very clumsy from Eustace, you can't surge towards someone who is much quicker than you. Especially so close to our goal and himself too far from the ball.

Otherwise great game from him, amount of headers he and Forsyth won helped our defence a lot.

Decent first half, excellent second half.

Not sure how Forsyth is getting a 6. He was up against Roberts, England's best player at his age group and Fulham's best player this season so far. Barely gave him a kick.

Archived