Mason Bennett loan updates

Srg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question,

What if Mason does well there, and Bradford want to buy him and he says he doesn't want to return to Derbys bench and loved it there?

We couldn't ask for a big wedge could we? He's only played for the England youth and about a dozen games for us.

Question,

What if Mason does well there, and Bradford want to buy him and he says he doesn't want to return to Derbys bench and loved it there?

We couldn't ask for a big wedge could we? He's only played for the England youth and about a dozen games for us.

The Thorne Dilemma.

If we absolutely had to sell him, then I'd want

Question,

If he didn't want to play for us it would simply be a case of "he wanna very good anyway", "dint fit our system", "ungrateful", etc, etc.

Until he played for England that is.......

If that was to happen, it would be almost the same situation as the Thorne situation. 1.5m and a huge sell on percentage would be fine with me.

But needless to say, I'd much, much rather he'd stick around and I think he will.

I think he could make a differance in the first team have that pace power through defances.

But at the moment B4 he has no more pace and power than Ward & Russell. I think it best for him at the moment to play first team football regularly on loan. If he ends up scoring 20 goals for Bradford then we have a player on our hands.

Sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same player, guess it's all opinions.

Bennett was born with puberty. He's been one of the strongest players ever since he broke into the first team. Everyone's been waiting for him to grow...well he hasn't grown an inch since 15, but he's not needed to. His physicality has never been in question for me.

In fact his problem is the manner in which he uses his strength. He's like a comet careering around all over the place. He needs to learn to refine it, calm down a bit, and show some of the technique we've seen flashes of more often. That's down to his football brain, which is not developed like the rest of him.

And he's not going to get that by coming on for 10 minutes here and there - he needs regular games at a level slightly lower than ours. Bradford is perfect.

As for pace, he's absolute f*cking rapid. Quicker than Ward, easy, but Russell has the legs on him.

Hughes and Hendrick were given a run of games. They didn't look particularly brilliant in one or two of those early games but stayed in the team because the manager believed in them.

Bennett is at that point now. He needed a run of games at Derby where he is surrounded by players who know his strengths.

Poor decision to send him out imo but hope it works out in the end.

Archived