Conor Sammon Loan to Ipswich

HarryfromBath

Sammon will probably go into the history books as one of our worst ever players. I know if we was to do a worst XI in history now there is a few posters that would put him in.

I don't think he's that bad but he really struggles to finish. He's strong, quick and powerful - but anything to do with touching a ball, he struggles.

He must be the only player in the game that enjoys having the balls left in the bag at training. 

I'll give him some credit, his movement and willingness to run the channels is very good.  But it's no good getting into good positions if you can't do anything once the ball gets to you...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to him. Seems a nice guy and gives everything for the team. I do feel a move to ipswich to sit on their bench is not great for him. He needs a permanent move to a league 1 side playing 4-4-2, I think he could do a good job there.

He's not the worst player ever, he lacks ability but you cannot say he doesn't have heart and effort (there are players who lack both!).

Good luck to him!!

My other fondest Sammon memory

it's the 82nd minute - we're 5-0 up against Forest and Martin leaves the pitch to an ovation, replaced by the Fish

The crowd are delirious and start singing...

"If Sammon scores...we're on the pitch! If Sammon scores...we're on the pitch!"

Sadly for everyone, needless to say he doesn't score and we're not on the pitch

Most Derby fans will not rue the fact that he has gone. His heart is in the right place and I believe he will try his best to win you over with his workrate. Sadly his heading ability, for someone at 6ft 3ins, isnt his strong point. He will get you the odd goal and MM might bring his confidence back up, but I feel he will eventually spend more time coming off the bench than starting games. However good luck to him and your team. You could be one of this season's darkhorse for the playoffs.

He always gives 110%, he is rarely injured, tired opposition defenders don't relish him coming on with 20 minutes to go, he didn't suit our 433 formation and he has scored the occasional useful goal. He's not as bad as some would have it.

He will work hard and give defenders a tough time, What he has shown here is that he doesn't have the composure or cool head you need in front of goal and his technique is sadly lacking.

If he is played up top with a forward that can finish, He will pull defenders out of position to give him more room.

I wish him luck.

Worst footballer (ability wise) I have ever seen.

Have you only watched this current first team squad play then? because there have been far, far worse footballers at Derby. 

Sammon will probably go into the history books as one of our worst ever players. I know if we was to do a worst XI in history now there is a few posters that would put him in.

I don't think he's that bad but he really struggles to finish. He's strong, quick and powerful - but anything to do with touching a ball, he struggles.

He must be the only player in the game that enjoys having the balls left in the bag at training. 

Anyone who puts him in our worst ever XI must have blanked out the best part of the last decade and a half. Dean Holdsworth springs to mind without even thinking at all about our worst XI in any great depth. 

Will never criticise a player who gives his all for us. It is the man who bought him in who is to blame usually however he is a good midtable striker to have in your squad and when he arrived that is all we were. We've moved up a level and he has been unable to. 

Archived