Duracell

Tony Pulis' Hat II

Van Gaal has named Tyler Blackett, Jesse Lingard and Javier Hernandez in his starting XI.

If they win DESPITE those players, the arse kissing will be too much to bear.

I can see it now, Blackett and Lingard have horrendous games but a Rooney late goal nicks it. But the media frenzy about "Van Gaal's risk on youth paying off" might actually give me a fatal illness.

But if they lose, it's forgotten about. Nobody notices...

Is Blackett the guy that played LB for Brum against us? He was the the second worst player on the pitch that day, only narrowly beaten by the curly haired bomb scare at CB.

Is Blackett the guy that played LB for Brum against us? He was the the second worst player on the pitch that day, only narrowly beaten by the curly haired bomb scare at CB.

That's the one. They are only playing these players because of an injury crisis. If they win it was a "calculated risk", if they lose then it was injuries.

I hate Van Gaal already. Seems a right pr*ck, and perfectly suited for Manure.

Holland were sh*te at the WC Cup as well. Spain literally gifted them goals with awful defending. Scraped past Australia. Good win against Chile. Cheated against Mexico, got very lucky. Drew 0-0 with Costs Rica, got very lucky. Parked the bus against Argentina.

So you don't watch Sky or MOTD,but its ok to watch BBC (which has MOTD) and ITV? I don't get it.

So you don't watch Sky or MOTD,but its ok to watch BBC (which has MOTD) and ITV? I don't get it.

I only watched two of those games myself (Spain and Argentina), the rest of the information I gathered from people I trust. The reason I don't watch MOTD is because I have no interest in the premier league. I stream games so I suppose you could say I do watch sky, but we don't have it. I avoid the constant bombardment about how great the premier league is.

Also, Leeds the early game on Sky again? Last year it was Leeds and QPR taking it in turns to be the early game every bloody week. God knows how much Leeds we're going to be subjected to now there's no QPR....

Also, Leeds the early game on Sky again? Last year it was Leeds and QPR taking it in turns to be the early game every bloody week. God knows how much Leeds we're going to be subjected to now there's no QPR....

Didn't catch much of it, but the second half was introduced saying something like 'and now back to the second half where Leeds are still level.'

Like it's the Leeds United show. If be dead pissed off if I was a Middlesborough fan.

BT Sport's coverage of the lunch time game was an ordeal.

The pre-build up was "Van Gaal Van Gaal Van Gaal genius Van Gaal tactics Scholes United Rooney armband Old Trafford Van Gaal Van Gaal. And now we cross live to our commentators where Van Gaal's United are apparently playing a game against someone? Cardiff? Wrexham? Something like that...."

After Swansea's BRILLIANT, UNSCRIPTED WIN AGAINST VAN GAAL'S GIANTS, the analysis will be about where United went wrong, to get to the bottom of how Van Gaal's dream debut was spoiled by the lowly minnows of Swindon. No wait it was Swansea wasn't it?

After 20 minutes of that, we'll get that classic line "but we musn't take anything away from Swansea today."

How kind of you, BT Sport.

I f*cking hate football.

BT Sport's coverage of the lunch time game was an ordeal.

The pre-build up was "Van Gaal Van Gaal Van Gaal genius Van Gaal tactics Scholes United Rooney armband Old Trafford Van Gaal Van Gaal. And now we cross live to our commentators where Van Gaal's United are apparently playing a game against someone? Cardiff? Wrexham? Something like that...."

After Swansea's BRILLIANT, UNSCRIPTED WIN AGAINST VAN GAAL'S GIANTS, the analysis will be about where United went wrong, to get to the bottom of how Van Gaal's dream debut was spoiled but the lowly minnows of Swindon. No wait it was Swansea wasn't it?

After 20 minutes of that, we'll get that classic line "but we musn't take anything away from Swansea today."

How kind of you, BT Sport.

I f*cking hate football.

No idea how I made it through. I am not sure I heard much insight about Swansea.... Oh the sob story about Lingard going off injured...tragic that is.

As a proud contributor to the previous thread and having got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I feel I ought to wade in - head down, windmilling like mad.  Bulleted for ease of reading.

-  "Eight teams could win the league this year".  Let's be honest, it's Man City's or Chelsea's title to lose.

-  It's an easy target but the money spent is absolutely mental. Not quite at the defence budget for a small island level... yet, but nearly.

-  Scudamore and the bloody 39th game rear their ugly heads again.

-  The column inches and air time hours devoted to the introduction of a can of foam to the referees' arsenal.  It's been around in South America for years.

- LvG - This years RVP (last years AVB).

-  Boozers, with rediculous burgundy and green patterned carpets, fruit machines and boxes of connect 4 and scrabble on the side of the bar, once the last bastion of working class solace are now all shut.  Replaced by theme pubs, gastropubs, inner-city country-style pubs and wine bars that house tattooed 26 year olds with stupid, ironic beards and moustaches, Jaegerbombs, "banter", attractive 30 something women and the sound of Martin Tyler announcing the score in the vital mid-table clash between Sunderland and Aston Villa at 1 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon.  Yes indeed Rupert Murdoch, the FA, Thatcher and Tony Blair are to blame for all this.

-  Mark Lawrenson.

-  The lamentable rise and rise of the retro football shirt as a symbol of the w*nker.  Primary offenders - England Mexico '86 and Italia '90, Arsenal "JVC", Man United "Sharp Viewcam", Chelsea "Autoglass", Barcelona '92 and Sampdoria '95.  Allowable exceptions:  Derby '96 Bukta kit (the superior 97-99 Puma efforts most definitely straddle the hipster-tw*t divide), Scarborough '91 "Black Death Vodka".  Obviously, over the age of 14, football shirts being worn for anything but playing football in/running/sleeping automatically marks you out as being a cock.  The guy in full kit on the park should also be avoided.

-  Five a-side/fantasy football teams with puns for names.  Instant death for "Inter yer Nan", "Norfolk Enchants" or "Bare-Arsealona".  Pithy, smile of condescension for the likes of the obviously Googled "Le Saux Solid Crew" or "Chemakh My Bitch Up".  Full-frontal disgust for "Banter_ladzzz_2k14" et al.

-  Puns in newspaper headlines.

-  Celebrity fans.

-  Fans with I-Pads.

-  Half and half scarves.

-  People in Taiwan/Indonesia actually being counted as being a part of a clubs support base.

-  The Football League's beamback idea that will eventually kill off meaningful away support for all but the best followed clubs.

-  "Your Arsenals, your Tottenhams, your Evertons..."

-  Analysis from anyone, be it the bloke in the pub, Lee Dixon or your mate that sounds like it's saying something deep and meaningful about the game, but actually means f*ck all.

-  Tactics blogs.

-  False 9's and ghost strikers.

One thing that really annoyed me last year was Adnan Januzaj.

There's something about his touch that's gonna make him as good as Messi and Ronaldo. He is truly class.

If he played for Blackburn no one would have even heard of him!