Tony Pulis' Hat II

Duracell

And rocking an imaginary baby "http://www.mersenneforum.org/images/smilies/extra/bangheadonwall" alt="bangheadonwall">man do I hate that.

I was listening to Kevin Phillips (who I like) on Talksport last night and he was on about hitting the back of the net. Well I'm thinking from a player's point, the actual back of the net is the side facing the fans behind the goal, which players scoring cannot hit, they hit the front of the net, no ?

Maybe it's just me, I'll get me coat. "http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/getmecoat" alt="getmecoat">

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few things I've seen recently to cut my life short by 5 minutes each.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28951487

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-birmingham-city-striker-nikola-7677674

https://twitter.com/reid6peter/status/504259134599229440

I don't really have much to say on these to be honest. It is what it is. Read them all for yourselves and weep at this pathetic sport we think we enjoy but don't.

That Nikola Zigic link to Arsenal is ridiculous! Surely that can't be genuine.

Haha, yeah, a footballer never has an operation, he goes under the knife.  :D

And on a different subject, why do people who want to appear as they know what they are talking about refer to Liverpool as Liverpool Football Club, it doesn't happen with any other club, knobs.

There's so many words that get used in football that you'd never use any other time unless you wish to sound like a knobber.

Like when Midfielders are refered to as "Midfield Maestros".....you'd never refer to someone as a "Customer Service Maestro" just because they were good at their job.

I think in the first version of this thread I directed some anger at the stupid love heart celebration because it's the sort of ****** that would only impress my daughter for about 30 seconds.

Now every muppet is kissing their wrist (any idea?) or pointing fingers at the sky. Pre planned celebrations are w@nk.

"Oh what a cool dance" said nobody after an African player scored

Have to disagree on this one. I would do the same celebration every time I scored, and I would consider the love heart as an option. Show the ladies my sensitive side

Being unable to watch a match on the TV without being bombarded with betting adverts at half time.

"The print cartridges have arrived".

Stats - more specifically their use by people who's entire consumption of football is defined by their ability to tell you the passing completion percentages of every right back in the League. These are the same people that then use stats to give false credence to their opinion that Mo Camara was a better left back than Forsyth. How joyless these people are, who care less for the social and political implications of a local derby and its impact on the communities the teams represent and the fans who watch the game, than they do for how many touches the centre forward had in the oppositions box.

Gossip columns.

"Banter".

Unoriginal, boring, generic chants from 90% of this league. It's not just us though - does anyone have a good support in the Championship? Leeds aren't what they were, Sheffield Wednesday have that bloody band... i'm struggling here.

That mobile phone torch waving thing the lobotomised fans of nothing clubs do at night matches.

Jason Cundy.

Ill-informed, semi-illiterate Twitter commentators being given a platform to air their views by the BBC, ITV and the like.

There being no television programme of meaningful substance that expresses an opinion on football that falls outside the usual "The Premier League is great", "Best season ever", "Look at how rich, fashionable and glamourous everyone is" format.

Jonathan Pearce - just go back to talking over Sir Killalot roasting a fur covered robot on a flame pit. Please.

Casual football fan on social media:

"Guess who (insert big club they claim to have a rivalry with here) have signed today?

A Chinese winger called Fu Kin No Wan."

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaajnsjdifbhiagihgapfwehjfjhsif take me to Switzerland to that euthanasia clinic now.

Completely agree with Joe regarding twitter. If individuals want to waste their time on there, fair enough. What I don't understand is the media's complete and utter obsession with this particular format of social media. The opinions of irrelevant nobodys, piers morgan, and "professional bloggers", who are not qualified to report on the given subject are quoted un-ironically in serious news stories. How is this acceptable? Nobody lifted quotes from Bebo and Myspace when they were the procrastination tool de jure. What exactly lends weight to the vacuous assertions of the twitterati?

Darren Gough. Shut up about your best mate KP. Shut up about the ******* MK Dons. Shut up about football. Just shut up.

Archived