Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

Loosen up Daveo and get a bit excited. Beginning to think it's you not your missus having the time of the month.

You might be right to say some excitement was premature last evening when at 7 no one had ever heard of him, but a bit of excitement however spurious is no bad thing once in a while. I have had a good few of my 46 years going 'meh' to some of our signings, loan or otherwise.

But your now saying nobody can still explain the reason for excitement when Macca says:-

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? How many times has he made the bench and how many games has he played?

I cant be bothered to read all the info back, but...

He's played for RM, ok only once, but... they have just extended his contract, he is seen as a 'technically gifted player who is a natural organiser', in Spain...

How bad can it be, no disrespect, but this is the Championship, i think florist , weeds etc will be sick that we have managed this kind of capture...

Ok, i understand your reservations, but im excited and cant wait to see the lad in a DCFC shirt :wub:

What did McClaren say about Leon Best? How was that signing met?

If this Omar kid came from say a French clubs reserve team there wouldn't be this excitement, because he's from Real Madrid lets all go crazy!....no, let's not, let's wait until he pulls on a Derby shirt and see how he adapts to English football.

If I'm pissing on anyone's chips great because it's getting too cringey in here and we need more realistic members like me around to calm things down a bit.

He's played for RM, ok only once, but... they have just extended his contract, he is seen as a 'technically gifted player who is a natural organiser', in Spain...

How bad can it be, no disrespect, but this is the Championship, i think florist , weeds etc will be sick that we have managed this kind of capture...

Ok, i understand your reservations, but im excited and cant wait to see the lad in a DCFC shirt :wub:

I'm not saying it's bad, just that it doesn't deserve these levels of excitement. Thorne I could understand having seen him play for Derby, this kid nobody has seen play, just going by video game stats and articles in the press.

Signing any player from abroad is a risk, personally I would have liked someone from this country that doesn't need time to settle in to life in England and adapt to our game, even more so for a young player that has never played outside his country. Had this been a permanent deal I would have felt slightly different but it's a season long loan, Thorne should be back in 9 months and it could take this kid 6 months just to settle in.

We might never see or only get to see flashes of his best just like Bueno.

But to hell with it, he's come from Real Madrid we're going to win the league and both cups, Omar will get a statue outside the iPro for his services to the club. Just off to get his face tattooed to my arse now.

remember when we lost Commons and the replacement to get excited about was Ben Davies from Notts County?

Bet Daveo loved that transfer

Are you taking the piss? I was in mourning for months after Commons left

I'm not saying it's bad, just that it doesn't deserve these levels of excitement. Thorne I could understand having seen him play for Derby, this kid nobody has seen play, just going by video game stats and articles in the press.

Signing any player from abroad is a risk, personally I would have liked someone from this country that doesn't need time to settle in to life in England and adapt to our game, even more so for a young player that has never played outside his country. Had this been a permanent deal I would have felt slightly different but it's a season long loan, Thorne should be back in 9 months and it could take this kid 6 months just to settle in.

But to hell with it, he's come from Real Madrid we're going to win the league and both cups, Omar will get a statue outside the iPro for his services to the club. Just off to get his face tattooed to my arse now.

Perhaps get a smile tattooed on your face at the same time.

Perhaps get a smile tattooed on your face at the same time.

Because Omar the great doesn't make my cheeks hurt? I don't need one, I always have a smile on my face regardless of unknown foreigners signing for Derby.

Nigel, is that you?  :ph34r:

Me too.

The first time I saw Ivan Calero was at Nuneaton - just a brief cameo appearance, but there was something about him that suggested 'this kid can play a bit'. I'm so looking forward to seeing Mascarell play.

After all, Bris said that there were 'hundreds of players in Spain better than Hughes' ( :p ). Let's hope that he is one of them.

Someone on here said after the Thorne injury we needed a signing to re-spark the season build up.

Well, it has just happened.

He could be crap, he could be a complete genius, he could be average. We have no idea. But I may aswell give up on enjoying football if I can't get a bit excited by this. Sick of all this can he handle English football ***** and all that cold night bollauex. Nah, let us get in more Paul Greens, a real man's footballer. Or better still, let us rely on Eustace...

That's spot on BondJovi, it's exactly what I thought. We needed something to put the spark back after the huge kick in the groin that was losing Thorne.

So, he could be amazing or he could be awful, but at this time it's exactly what the fans needed ahead of the season.

This guy clearly has something about him - playing first team football in pre-season with the Real first team indicates this.

Also - I'm happy because Calero will feel more relaxed with someone else in the team who can speak Spanish. It will help them both to relax - share a room for away games etc - everything should be about these guys having the best opportunity to go out onto the football pitch relaxed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy play - it is a higher quality signing. Likewise - if we signed a guy who was playing in the first team for Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City in pre-season and we got him on load, we would be just as excited.

Its another statement of intent by the club - the squad is big and more in-depth. Yes in a perfect world I'd like a first choice winger and a 'better' back up centre half but we also have a budget to work to and I'm sure we are pushing over it already.

Loving things at the moment - gutted about the Thorne injury but this signing does make up for it in my opinion with the knowledge Thorne will be back Jan - March time.

30,000 plus for Saturday - everything is a feel good factor.

I don't think the 'handling english football' really applies to us. We play a quick and skilled possession game that most the league can't live with. We only really struggled when teams set very deep and we couldn't break them down. No one can really get into us or rough us up. We are too good.

perhaps tattoo "Dave" on yer left cheek, "Mar" on yer right and bend over when talking.

2 for price of one. and we'll know its you.

Archived