Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams land exciting midfielder on a season-long loan deal from Spanish giants Real Madrid.

[indent]He is a talented young player and I have monitored his progress for a number of years."

Steve McClaren

[/indent]

Derby County have signed Spanish midfielder Omar Mascarell on a season-long loan deal from Real Madrid.

Can somebody please explain to me all the excitement around this kid?

Is it because he's foreign?

Is it because he plays for Real Madrid?

Is it because theres an article saying how well he has performed pre-season surrounded by superstar players?

7pm last night who had even heard of him and I very much doubt most have ever even see him play and looking around you would think we are signing Cristiano Ronaldo!

Don't get me wrong I love a signing, strengthen the team but seriously calm down, it's bordering on embarrassment now....tell a lie some of it is embarrassing.

Let the kid come and settle in and play a few games before reaching for the tissues, and heres another thing.....apparently he's here to play games and not sit on the bench, if he just walks into the team I will be miffed. Hughes has shown to us he is more than capable playing that role now, he should be starting and given a chance to impress. He has a full pre season under his belt, what a waste to then just stick him on the bench.

I have nothing against loan players that come in and fill a gap, Wisdom came in and saved us buying a right back....yes we had Freeman but it's clear he was never in our long term plans under both Nigel and Steve. 

So basically, calm down, give Hughes a chance and don't just bung this Omar kid in from the off. 

And another thing whilst I'm at it, stop with the FIFA and FM stats, we're not playing a f'in video game!! 

This has really wound me up.

Calling our fans an embarrassment because we are signing a player from Real Madrid.

How dare they get excited. How dare they.

Let them, its not every day we sign a player of this calibre with this much about him.

I am as excited as all of them and have every right to be.

Also, he is here to play. 

One of Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson wouldnt be in the team if Thorne was fit anyway.

Now we have signed someone on a season long loan who could potentially be better than Thorne because he isnt "our player" you wouldn't play him?

Absolutely ridiculous.

He is our player, he is here all season. 

Says a lot about you really that you would be "miffed" if a player who has been with Real Madrids first team during pre season and has played for Real Madrids first team walked into our side.

Calling our fans an embarrassment because we are signing a player from Real Madrid.

Let them, its not every day we sign a player of this calibre with this much about him.

One of Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson wouldnt be in the team if Thorne was fit anyway.

Now we have signed someone on a season long loan who could potentially be better than Thorne because he isnt "our player" you wouldn't play him?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Says a lot about you really that you would be "miffed" if a player who has been with Real Madrids first team during pre season and has played for Real Madrids first team walked into our side.

Calm down deary

Be fair Daveo, you were being a grumpy old prune. Which in fairness is unlike you on here. If you can't get excited by this then why bother. I'm nursing a semi mesen.

Absolutely ridiculous.

really grinds my gears  :lol:

Not being grumpy and nobody can still explain the excitement other than he's come from Real Madrid, doesn't get me reaching for the tissues at all.

he's bench worthy at real Madrid, half of the premier league clubs would be excited 

Not being grumpy and nobody can still explain the excitement other than he's come from Real Madrid, doesn't get me reaching for the tissues at all.

Plenty for me, maybe I'm just shallow.  :lol:

Archived