Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

But to hell with it, he's come from Real Madrid we're going to win the league and both cups, Omar will get a statue outside the iPro for his services to the club. Just off to get his face tattooed to my arse now.

I'm excited because:

a) Smacca has a fairly good record for loans so far

b) A kid who's considered good enough to get game time in the ICC over the summer against the likes of Inter and Roma playing in a team full of current european champions may be alrightish...

c) We signed Wisdom, Thorne and Bamford who were further away from the first team at their clubs than this lad is at Real AND Real are better than all their parent clubs

d) He has a good reputation

e) He's considered good enough that they just handed him a contract extension... at REAL MADRID...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please be allowed to get excited with out negativity!

I got sick of reading other forums due to one poster destroying any sign of good fortune! Please at least show some optimism lol =[

The simple fact is, it's easy to be pessimistic, it hard to be optimistic. Pessimist can fall back on their negativity when things don't go to plan.

What did McClaren say about Leon Best? How was that signing met?

If this Omar kid came from say a French clubs reserve team there wouldn't be this excitement, because he's from Real Madrid lets all go crazy!....no, let's not, let's wait until he pulls on a Derby shirt and see how he adapts to English football.

If I'm pissing on anyone's chips great because it's getting too cringey in here and we need more realistic members like me around to calm things down a bit.

You cant see the difference between the two?

The fact he's come from Real Madrid and has played during their pre season suggests a lot of things.

I agree, it's all speculation and potential at the moment, but as speculation and potential go, you cant get much higher. 

I'm excited for the following reasons:

- I've seen him play and I know he's good

- Ancelotti, the manager regarded as the best ever by the likes of Ronaldo and Del Piero, rates him as a future Real Madrid first-teamer

- He's a signing which fits our system. He's not just another decent player to try and accomodate, he's not a square peg in a round hole. He's a player which can slot in as a creatove holding player or one who can swap with Hughes should Will play the holding role.

I'm more excited for the fact that we've just added another player to possibly play in the only part of the team I worry about (that holding midfield spot after George Thorne's injury)

Omar Mascarell tweeted- Delighted to have signed for Derby today and fantastic welcome from fans an teammates already-looking forward to a great season ahead.

In fairness to him, he got moved to a full back and had a decent career at Belenense.

Hi ... still only played 116 games in 9 years after leaving us........

79 in 4 years at Belenese ....not a great career for a player we were told all kinds of stuff about .....he ha no pace for a start. But that was apparent after 5minutes.

This new kid will be better, no doubt.

More than feasible to play a midfield four and two up front ......sure we will not see 4-1-2-3 all season

Having two roaming wing forwards did ok last year ..if we can get a Hughes, or new kid on ball raoming across pitch we will be better served.

I predict eventually two holding midfielders ...... one allowed to go forward from deep surging forward .......

Then a midfield 3 ...one of whom could be a Dawkins/Ward /Russell ....and two up front ... the top teams can nullify a lone Martin ( by foul means of fair )

Either way ..we have a top bunch of players to choose from

I am sure Real will keep an eye on Hughes ......and will observe Will is better, stronger than there young star

More than feasible to play a midfield four and two up front ......sure we will not see 4-1-2-3 all season

Having two roaming wing forwards did ok last year ..if we can get a Hughes, or new kid on ball raoming across pitch we will be better served. I predict eventually two holding midfielders ...... one allowed to go forward from deep surging forward .......

Then a midfield 3 ...one of whom could be a Dawkins/Ward /Russell ....and two up front ... the top teams can nullify a lone Martin ( by foul means of fair ). Either way ..we have a top bunch of players to choose from.

Not sure about 3 at the back in that system but I wouldn't be surprised for some games, perhaps away principally, if Macca were to use a Barca kind of set-up at the start of games with a 451 with Martin up top and any of the other 5 in which I would include Dawkins pushing in fast when we attack. With Fozzy and Christie overlapping though I still think we do need a classy central defender to marshall the troops. But perhaps I am getting greedy now.

Archived