Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

BBC

Derby County are close to securing a season-long loan deal for Real Madrid midfielder Omar Mascarell, BBC Radio Derby reports.

Discussions are already at an advanced stage with the Spanish side and the 21-year-old is in England for talks.

Mascarell came through the Real youth ranks and made his debut in the final game of last season.

The Rams are short of defensive midfield cover following an injury setback for George Thorne.

Thorne has been ruled out for nine months after damaging knee ligaments.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard not a thing about this guy till today, but now I am very excited for him to be a part of the squad.  He will provide a good cover and backup for our midfielders, and will probably feature in the cup games as well.  Maybe starting with Carlisle?

P.S. Just has his first name on the back of his shirt I believe.

In the suggestions bar was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w23PqqO7vk

Him and Jese Rodriguez.

The fact those two have a shared video, as if they're on the same level, pleases me somewhat :lol:

looks like they're best mates. There's going to be clause in Omar's loan that states that if he loves the derby pride and wants to join permanently that his mate Jese has to sign as well for a "cut price".... Hashtag ITK

I had heard not a thing about this guy till today, but now I am very excited for him to be a part of the squad.  He will provide a good cover and backup for our midfielders, and will probably feature in the cup games as well.  Maybe starting with Carlisle?

P.S. Just has his first name on the back of his shirt I believe.

Called it.

Archived