Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't normally carry 2 defenders on the bench. It was usually just Whitbread last year.

If it was up to me, I'd choose Roos, Freeman, Whitbread, Eustace, Omar, Ward & Best. Covers every position.

I'd fancy that you have 1 too many defenders on that bench for Mac's liking! 

Can somebody please explain to me all the excitement around this kid?

Is it because he's foreign?

Is it because he plays for Real Madrid?

Is it because theres an article saying how well he has performed pre-season surrounded by superstar players?

7pm last night who had even heard of him and I very much doubt most have ever even see him play and looking around you would think we are signing Cristiano Ronaldo!

Don't get me wrong I love a signing, strengthen the team but seriously calm down, it's bordering on embarrassment now....tell a lie some of it is embarrassing.

Let the kid come and settle in and play a few games before reaching for the tissues, and heres another thing.....apparently he's here to play games and not sit on the bench, if he just walks into the team I will be miffed. Hughes has shown to us he is more than capable playing that role now, he should be starting and given a chance to impress. He has a full pre season under his belt, what a waste to then just stick him on the bench.

I have nothing against loan players that come in and fill a gap, Wisdom came in and saved us buying a right back....yes we had Freeman but it's clear he was never in our long term plans under both Nigel and Steve. 

So basically, calm down, give Hughes a chance and don't just bung this Omar kid in from the off. 

And another thing whilst I'm at it, stop with the FIFA and FM stats, we're not playing a f'in video game!! 

Who's rattled your cage this morning?

Last 2 seasons we have seen Hughes hasn't been great at CDM. We have tried him against inferior opposition in preseason and yes, he has looked ok. However, if Mac who sees him day in, day out thinks he ain't up to it - then surely this is a hole? One swallow doesn't make a summer with Hughes. Great talent, but better near their box than ours.

Can see both sides of this. Yes I like the look of Hughes playing deeper and think that he played himself in contention for the role with his pre season performances but it's probably that Mac wants to keep his options for the advanced 2 central mids the same as last season (2 of Hughes Hendrick Bryson) and have similar options defensively as last season (Young DM with great passing range and Eustace) and if he was a target as soon as Thorne got injured then it's clear our management team haven't only just heard of him but still want him so it is fair to get excited by what he could potentially bring. I'm no more or less excited than when Thorne came because I wasn't aware of either player before we were linked with them. I think that if he can't do the job as DM then we know Hughes is capable of a job and he could compete for an advanced role rather than the DM position. I don't see a highly rated youngster from one of the biggest clubs in the world coming to us as a reason not to be excited. Christ when you look at whats happening down A52 you cream yourself at the state of our squad! And we still have 2 loan spaces available, I can see that being a CB (that could cover rb - similar mold to Andre) and a winger/inside forward. 

I don't doubt it but would he be brilliant in English football?

Well Spurs were linked with him this summer. I'd take Bueno back in a heartbeat. He was surrounded by mediocrity and still managed to look fantastic most of the time. He was bound to go missing occasionally as he's a very skillful young player, they get consistency with age or they don't make it at the level they want. If he played as well as he did in his better games every game then he wouldn't have been on loan at Derby haha.

Candido Costa ?

Made non playing guest appearances for Porto as they won Cups on TV, appearing on team photos  .....

Scored one goal for us, and 1 goal in subsequent 9 years, and 116 appearances.

That said, appreciate this guy form Real Madrid seems miles more promising .......just trying every day to get over all the hype we had over Costa.  A league 2 winger at best..  Ended up as a right back in lower foreign Leagues ...... as he got even slower !!

Candido Costa ?

Made non playing guest appearances for Porto as they won Cups on TV, appearing on team photos  .....

That said, appreciate this guy form Real Madrid seems miles more promising .......just trying every day to get over all the hype we had over Costa.  A league 2 winger at best..  Ended up as a right back in lower foreign Leagues ...... as he got even slower !!

He was never the same after getting his two front teeth knocked out on his first appearance for us! Welcome to English football!

Candido Costa...brings back memories, the next Luis Figo wasn't he?

No, I think he was more the pig's head thrown at Luis Figo.

Lets worry about the possibility of him being **** after he has played for us, for now lets continue to enjoy the optimism surrounding the new season. It's something we have not been use to in a while :-)

In reply to earlier post

Can somebody please explain to me all the excitement around this kid?

Is it because he's foreign? YES

Is it because he plays for Real Madrid? YES

Is it because theres an article saying how well he has performed pre-season surrounded by superstar players? YES

7pm last night who had even heard of him and I very much doubt most have ever even see him play and looking around you would think we are signing Cristiano Ronaldo! TOO OLD; NO SELL-ON VALUE

Let the kid come and settle in and play a few games before reaching for the tissues FAR TOO LATE; I WAS BANGING ONE OUT AT 7.01 LAST NIGHT

and heres another thing.....apparently he's here to play games and not sit on the bench. WHAT THE F@&K ARE OUR MANAGEMENT THINKING!

if he just walks into the team I will be miffed. Hughes has shown to us he is more than capable playing that role now, he should be starting and given a chance to impress. He has a full pre season under his belt, what a waste to then just stick him on the bench. LAZY ASSUMPTION IT IS A OMAR/ HUGHES SWAP. THE LOAN POTENTIALLY OPENS OTHER FORMATION OPPORTUNITIES WITH HUGHES 100% INVOLVED

So basically, calm down, give Hughes a chance and don't just bung this Omar kid in from the off. IF OMAR IS GOOD ENOUGH PLAY HIM.

And another thing whilst I'm at it, stop with the FIFA and FM stats, we're not playing a f'in video game!! AGREED

NOTE: I am not "shouting" my replies; the capitals are for easy distinction.

Candido Costa ?

Made non playing guest appearances for Porto as they won Cups on TV, appearing on team photos .....

That said, appreciate this guy form Real Madrid seems miles more promising .......just trying every day to get over all the hype we had over Costa. A league 2 winger at best.. Ended up as a right back in lower foreign Leagues ...... as he got even slower !!

In fairness to him, he got moved to a full back and had a decent career at Belenense.

Difficult not to be excited by this.  He'll play the Thorne role and he should fit in if he's got the football brain he should have being a R Madrid player.

For what it's worth, I didn't think Candido Costa was a bad player.  We expected him to be amazing I think but he was alright. Not great, not terrible, just...alright.

Archived