Omar Mascarell set to join Derby on loan from Real Madrid - Se

MrsRam

Can somebody please explain to me all the excitement around this kid?

Is it because he's foreign?

Is it because he plays for Real Madrid?

Is it because theres an article saying how well he has performed pre-season surrounded by superstar players?

7pm last night who had even heard of him and I very much doubt most have ever even see him play and looking around you would think we are signing Cristiano Ronaldo!

Don't get me wrong I love a signing, strengthen the team but seriously calm down, it's bordering on embarrassment now....tell a lie some of it is embarrassing.

Let the kid come and settle in and play a few games before reaching for the tissues, and heres another thing.....apparently he's here to play games and not sit on the bench, if he just walks into the team I will be miffed. Hughes has shown to us he is more than capable playing that role now, he should be starting and given a chance to impress. He has a full pre season under his belt, what a waste to then just stick him on the bench.

I have nothing against loan players that come in and fill a gap, Wisdom came in and saved us buying a right back....yes we had Freeman but it's clear he was never in our long term plans under both Nigel and Steve. 

So basically, calm down, give Hughes a chance and don't just bung this Omar kid in from the off. 

And another thing whilst I'm at it, stop with the FIFA and FM stats, we're not playing a f'in video game!! 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it because theres an article saying how well he has performed pre-season surrounded by superstar players?

7pm last night who had even heard of him and I very much doubt most have ever even see him play and looking around you would think we are signing Cristiano Ronaldo!

Don't get me wrong I love a signing, strengthen the team but seriously calm down, it's bordering on embarrassment now....tell a lie some of it is embarrassing.

Let the kid come and settle in and play a few games before reaching for the tissues, and heres another thing.....apparently he's here to play games and not sit on the bench, if he just walks into the team I will be miffed. Hughes has shown to us he is more than capable playing that role now, he should be starting and given a chance to impress. He has a full pre season under his belt, what a waste to then just stick him on the bench.

I have nothing against loan players that come in and fill a gap, Wisdom came in and saved us buying a right back....yes we had Freeman but it's clear he was never in our long term plans under both Nigel and Steve.

So basically, calm down, give Hughes a chance and don't just bung this Omar kid in from the off.

And another thing whilst I'm at it, stop with the FIFA and FM stats, we're not playing a f'in video game!!

Who's rattled your cage this morning?

Last 2 seasons we have seen Hughes hasn't been great at CDM. We have tried him against inferior opposition in preseason and yes, he has looked ok. However, if Mac who sees him day in, day out thinks he ain't up to it - then surely this is a hole? One swallow doesn't make a summer with Hughes. Great talent, but better near their box than ours.

why go around when there's a stock take? The shops shut.

I had to get away from my computer screen, was cringing seeing this Omar love in.

It's like going on Plenty of Fish and falling in love just from reading the profile page.

I don't think Bueno lived up to the hype either, is that too controversial?

We're looking at a young kid here, never played outside of Spain, potential of home sickness, Tuesday night away at Blackpool in October, how you like the weather and playing on the beach? Welcome to English football.

Not all players can come across and adapt which is why I am also keeping open minded about this kid. I saw the same hype over Ake, I think people just love a player from a big club and get caught up in all the excitement thinking they are superstars.

Seen it all before, remember Ryan Smith from Arsenal?

I'm not here to ruin Christmas, just looking trying to balance things out a bit.

I don't think Bueno lived up to the hype either, is that too controversial?

We're looking at a young kid here, never played outside of Spain, potential of home sickness, Tuesday night away at Blackpool in October, how you like the weather and playing on the beach? Welcome to English football.

Not all players can come across and adapt which is why I am also keeping open minded about this kid. I saw the same hype over Ake, I think people just love a player from a big club and get caught up in all the excitement thinking they are superstars.

Seen it all before, remember Ryan Smith from Arsenal?

I'm not here to ruin Christmas, just looking trying to balance things out a bit.

Bueno would have been brilliant in this system. He's had a good career since leaving.

I think the excitement is quite understandable,Daveo.

In past seasons,we signed home grown 5hit,but now at least,we have spread the net,and lured in 5hit from abroad,should this be the case.

A truly European feel about it

That was really quick. Brett Wilson only heard of him this afternoon!

Must have gotten on the blower to Sam Rush pretty sharpish  :lol:

The power of Youtube

Owen Bradely has said he's spoken to a Spainish journalist who compared to Tom Huddlestone

Consider my excitement dampened.

Does this mean we are going to be playing him out of position and that he can't defend?

I had to get away from my computer screen, was cringing seeing this Omar love in.

It's like going on Plenty of Fish and falling in love just from reading the profile page.

Is that where we bought Sammon?

Archived