Tom Carroll set for loan - Herts and Essex Observer

Carl Sagan

if theres a position that doesnt need strengthening in our squad its centre midfield. Would be a silly waste of a loan

Hold on, we play with 3 central midfielders. We play a high energy game. Coutts and Thorne are out injured which leaves us 4 first teamers for 3 positions. Ideally you have 2 players per position so even if we get Carroll in it would be short of an 'ideal' squad. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on, we play with 3 central midfielders. We play a high energy game. Coutts and Thorne are out injured which leaves us 4 first teamers for 3 positions. Ideally you have 2 players per position so even if we get Carroll in it would be short of an 'ideal' squad. 

Coutts is injured is he ? I thought he had been training ? If were playing that formation then ideally we need a CDM mid in because Hughes is far more effective playing higher up than he is sitting

Coutts is injured is he ? I thought he had been training ? If were playing that formation then ideally we need a CDM mid in because Hughes is far more effective playing higher up than he is sitting

Hughes looks great were ever he plays in the midfield .

He's just a very good footballer.

Coutts is not fully training he has a hip flexor injury i believe.

Tom Carroll will be brought in to play CDM, not CM. It's where he played for QPR last season, well when he played.

As part of a dual-pivot though wasn't he? With Barton? Absoloutley no way would I want him playing as a lone-pivot.

Are you doubting the evidence that was put in front of your own eyes for 12 games a couple of seasons ago? Are you doubting the evidence that he was eventually dropped from the QPR team because he wasn't good enough?

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm proved wrong and once the guy pulls the shirt on he'll get my full support. Until then I'll continue to voice my disappointment over this possible loan.

Are you doubting the evidence that was put in front of your own eyes for 12 games a couple of seasons ago? Are you doubting the evidence that he was eventually dropped from the QPR team because he wasn't good enough?

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm proved wrong and once the guy pulls the shirt on he'll get my full support. Until then I'll continue to voice my disappointment over this possible loan.

What I'm really bothered about is the Thorne injury and people saying Eustace will be the answer.

Hughes is a better option .

Carroll didn't do great when we had him before but he does have ability .

Might not happen anyway but if Mac wanted him I'd be happy.

http://the72.co.uk/12107/rams-move-for-spurs-youngster-unlikely-dcfc-thfc/?

He was not ready when we had him last time but that means nothing really.

I'm still baffled as to how any Derby fan who has watched Hughes play EVER - can seriously suggest him as a DM??

He is lightweight as they come - lost count if the times he ended up on his arris whenever he challenged for the ball. He has many great qualities - none of which lend themselves to DM

I'm still baffled as to how any Derby fan who has watched Hughes play EVER - can seriously suggest him as a DM??

He is lightweight as they come - lost count if the times he ended up on his arris whenever he challenged for the ball. He has many great qualities - none of which lend themselves to DM

I think he's a better DM than he is AM, but it's all about opinions. 

Archived