Tom Carroll set for loan - Herts and Essex Observer

Carl Sagan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with Carroll is this.. As previously mentioned, When he was with us last time we played 442.. Which means the center mids have to be able to do abit of everything.. Carroll isn't that sort of player. He's a player that needs abit of freedom to express himself (abit like Hughes, tho Hughes is more rounded) and I think in our team now.. He could be a success.

Back on Carroll - when he was here on loan it was a difficult time for us - the team and management were in virtual panic mode and had resorted to long ball hoof. It wasn't working and the ball just let coming back for our centre backs to defend.

Caroll's main attribute is his passing ability particularly long range passing i- n my view he was brought in as a slight upgrade on James Bailey but it was pointless because he didn't fit the style of play at the time. I remember Clough persisted with playing Carroll and we all thought at the time that it was part of the loan deal that Carroll had to play if for

We are in a different position now. We are a better passing side and Carroll is more experienced. The real issue in my mind is can he do the dirty side of the DCM role? The reason we wanted Thorne so badly is because he could do the passing job and the dirty side of the effectively - few can

Back on Carroll - when he was here on loan it was a difficult time for us - the team and management were in virtual panic mode and had resorted to long ball hoof. It wasn't working and the ball just let coming back for our centre backs to defend.

Erm, no. At the point we signed Carroll, we were on a run of 4 wins and a draw, hovering around 9th-11th position, on the fringes of putting a play-off run together. We drifted away and eventually finished 12th.  We weren't in 'panic mode' at any point that season.

Erm, no. At the point we signed Carroll, we were on a run of 4 wins and a draw, hovering around 9th-11th position, on the fringes of putting a play-off run together. We drifted away and eventually finished 12th. We weren't in 'panic mode' at any point that season.

Paul Green was left back in Derby to see if he was going in the transfer window and eventually didn't go so Carroll made his debut along with a striker from Sunderland I can't remember his name.

We had A defense that night of Fielding.

Brayford. Barker. Shackell. Roberts.

We were 3-0 down before we knew it and that was ridiculous.

Game at Barnsley ended up 3-2 in the end and Carroll did ok 2nd half and scored.

That was a long time ago and I think Derby were off loading players still.

http://youtu.be/559__4oKhI8

Paul Green was left back in Derby to see if he was going in the transfer window and eventually didn't go so Carroll made his debut along with a striker from Sunderland I can't remember his name.

We had A defense that night of Fielding.

Brayford. Barker. Shackell. Roberts.

We were 3-0 down before we knew it and that was ridiculous.

Game at Barnsley ended up 3-2 in the end and Carroll did ok 2nd half and scored.

That was a long time ago and I think Derby were off loading players still.

http://youtu.be/559__4oKhI8

Wasnt that the game Hughes made his debut?

Archived