Tom Carroll set for loan - Herts and Essex Observer

Carl Sagan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah me too - Theo scored twice and could have had a hat trick and we conceded the winner in the last minute?

2-0 up, he's clean through on goal for his hat-trick, you just knew he would miss and he duly obliged, hitting it over the crossbar. Turning point.

2-0 up, he's clean through on goal for his hat-trick, you just knew he would miss and he duly obliged, hitting it over the crossbar. Turning point.

Would say it was Sammonesque but no way would he have already scored 2.

Paul Green was left back in Derby to see if he was going in the transfer window and eventually didn't go so Carroll made his debut along with a striker from Sunderland I can't remember his name.

We had A defense that night of Fielding.

Brayford. Barker. Shackell. Roberts.

We were 3-0 down before we knew it and that was ridiculous.

Game at Barnsley ended up 3-2 in the end and Carroll did ok 2nd half and scored.

That was a long time ago and I think Derby were off loading players still.http://youtu.be/559__4oKhI8

I was there that night, we actually played ok. We were 3-0 very early but the game had been pretty even. Could easily have got a point in the end.

Derby screwed us by telling us there were student tickets available. Grown men were going in as 15 year olds.

Would say it was Sammonesque but no way would he have already scored 2.

You say that but he did actually very nearly score a hat-trick for us! That Birmimgham 3-2 game, if Tyson hadn't have got to Jacobs' square cross first Sammon would have been our first scorer of a league hat-trick in 16 years!

People were very harsh on him and still are.

A scrawny 19yr old trying to play tippy tappy football in a time when we were struggling and playing hoofball punts for Theo and Co.

We're a different team now.

He has good performances behind him for Spurs in Europe. He's a young tidy player.

He might not come here and be a success but plenty of people have seen something in him. He's a bit powderpuff but he's not ***** imo.

He's struggling to fit because despite being tidy he doesn't really do anything at either end.

Think some are being very harsh on a young player.

He is decent but bound to better options to suit our needs.

Would like to think so.

But some people seem offended at the idea of him coming.

He just wasn't on the same wavelength. He'll need to toughen up and actually try to influence the game rather than build up his pass completion

You say that but he did actually very nearly score a hat-trick for us! That Birmimgham 3-2 game, if Tyson hadn't have got to Jacobs' square cross first Sammon would have been our first scorer of a league hat-trick in 16 years!

Yes, but the world would have ended.

If our management think he can do a job I am prepared to go with their judgement.

Well lets none of us have any opinion on any players then in that case.  Obviously it's just vaguely educated guesswork on the part of the average fan.. but if we all agree on just going with the management's judgement on everything, then why bother having a forum at all. What do we think of Carroll, that's the point here....isn't it? 

I don't see the point in him coming to be honest, we're not short of midfielders except the DCM position, which he can't play. Would rather someone like Hanson be given some game time to be honest or that Coutts is brought back into the fold. Our loans last year really improved us, don't see what Carroll would bring that we don't already have...

Archived