Tom Carroll set for loan - Herts and Essex Observer

Carl Sagan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was so bad the first time we had him that people were seriously suggesting that Spurs must have had a clause in the loan forcing us to play him. QPR fans thought he was rubbish last season and the game at Pride Park completely passed him by. I didn't even realise he was on the pitch until near the end of the game.

I will be absolutely astonished and more than a little annoyed if this guy turns up at our club again.

Yep, seemingly comng as Carl says, of all the players i thought we needed, he wasnt one of them....

In Mac we trust, so i'll wait to be proved wrong, but atm, i am underwhelmed :angry:

A winger, a striker, a decent cover along the back 4 (like Kevin Stewart ,liverpool) , but another midfielder ?? who most QPR fans were unimpressed with overall last season ?

Oh well, as i said in Mac we trust....... :unsure:

Yep, just confirmed as Carl says, of all the players i thought we needed, he wasnt one of them....

In Mac we trust, so i'll wait to be proved wrong, but atm, i am underwhelmed :angry:

A winger, a striker, a decent cover along the back 4 , but another midfielder ??

Hughes to play DM. Bryson & Hendrick in front of him. Eustace/Carroll cover for any of them.

With only weeks remaining we are still a striker a winger a right back and cdm short with little time left to get these players in and bed them in and with no hint of who will fill these roles feels like we are leaving it late.

This signing, to me, suggests that Hughes will be our DM until Thorne returns. Coutts' injuries mean he can't be an reliable deputy for Bryson or Hendrick.

I'm guessing Bunjaku has been judged not good enough for next reserve. Surely we can't guarantee Caroll games, though, which is the main reason this is still a little weird, if true.

As underwhelmed as others on here. The QPR fans slated him whenever he played last season. IMO he's not good enough to be a Hughes replacement in the more advanced midfield role, so if the reason for it is we'll be playing Hughes further back, don't! Just get a loan in for CDM instead.

There's excitement in Bunjaku and Calero because they're unknown and we want to believe they'll do well. Of course I'll support Carroll on the pitch and hope he proves me wrong, but I think he's demonstrated he's someone living on his reputation as a promising youngster from five years back, but who never pushed on and made the grade and is only likely to weaken the team.

Before the QPR game last season I was hoping he was starting for them as I knew he would be over powered and over ran by our midfield...he is not good enough to come in and play CDM for us. I would much rather have Hughes or Eustace play there ahead of him and he would be behind Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes for the more advanced CM positions as well. Carroll's game is more about his passing which would suit our style of play but we dont need another CM...the only other explanation could be that Coutts' injury is worse than first thought and he could be out a while? 4 CM's then could be Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes + Carroll but like I said he would be behind the other 3 so a loan wouldn't benefit him or Spurs.

If we are to loan in a CM then its got to be someone who can play CDM which Carroll can't.

Hughes to play DM. Bryson & Hendrick in front of him. Eustace/Carroll cover for any of them.

Ok.... if you say so, personally i was thinking Nathaniel Chalobah would be recruited for the CDM spot, and Hughes left to do what i 'thought' Hughes does best.... can he really play CDM ? Maybe ?

but ive been wrong before, so my wife says ;)

My preferred midfield is Eustace holding with the two in the best form at the time from Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick.

I find the suggestion, from some on these forums, that Eustace somehow managed to ride his luck for 20 odd games last season to be absolutely ludicrous.

If Hughes was starting for us with say Chalobah at DM we would be leaving either Bryson or Hendrick on the bench. How would your preferred midfield line up?

It was always a 'problem' , which is why the quartet (inc Thorne) was discussed so much last season, for me, horses for courses, depending who we face, and who's fit, im not avoiding the issue of who i would leave out, im saying i would choose depending who we were playing and who was fit, and on song...

Tom Carroll will be brought in to play CDM, not CM. It's where he played for QPR last season, well when he played.

If he signs, I'll support the kid and in lots of ways he doesn't deserve the negativity but I highly, highly, highly doubt he'll be better than Hughes. 

We'll see.

My preferred midfield is Eustace holding with the two in the best form at the time from Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick.

I find the suggestion, from some on these forums, that Eustace somehow managed to ride his luck for 20 odd games last season to be absolutely ludicrous.

Eustace was not good last night at Burton .

We were much better 2nd half when Hughes replaced Eustace.

Eustace is far far too slow it takes him ages to decide what to do and the whole impetuous of our play is lost.

I'm afraid Eustace will struggle and should only be used sparingly

if theres a position that doesnt need strengthening in our squad its centre midfield. Would be a silly waste of a loan

No disrespect but it wouldn't.

Hughes or Carroll will be the ones who play the holding role.

We bought Thorne but he got injured.

Archived