Discussion of Patrick Bamford during his 2014 loan spell

Duracell

Clearly playing out of his natural position, so can't really blame him.

His "lack of defending" comes usually after he's been going to box or otherwise central areas. Goalscorers instict or well learned movement... But it's a long way from post to halfway line and I rather see him end of crosses than staying in Wisdoms lap.

We can afford it, Bryson can cover.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly playing out of his natural position, so can't really blame him.

His "lack of defending" comes usually after he's been going to box or otherwise central areas. Goalscorers instict or well learned movement... But it's a long way from post to halfway line and I rather see him end of crosses than staying in Wisdoms lap.

We can afford it, Bryson can cover.

And you never know, that may be exactly how Mac has planned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did see an article where Mourinho commented on their plan for FFP involved stockpiling young attacking players because they hold value and can be sold high to help offset spending

Nah, didn't see it - I think Bamford is genuinely one they're keeping for the future though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him integrated into the first team next season, along with Piazon, who he has a good partnership with. 

One more season here in the prem. Cant see him going spurs chelsea are just better and more likely to get the pots and pans. He hasnt been playing well as in all over the pitch but is getting goals is that not the sign of a great striker. Worth a tenner he get 20 england goals.

One more season here in the prem. Cant see him going spurs chelsea are just better and more likely to get the pots and pans. He hasnt been playing well as in all over the pitch but is getting goals is that not the sign of a great striker. Worth a tenner he get 20 england goals.

Only 21 players have ever managed that feat - he'd have to do really well to crack that.

And though the Championship is the current focus after proving himself in League One, Bamford is still thinking ahead to England's top tier.

"Hopefully I can go back at the start of next season and do a pre-season tour, do well and catch the eye of Jose Mourinho," he said.

"But I would imagine I would be out on loan for another season - maybe in the Premier League with Derby."

Archived