Discussion of Patrick Bamford during his 2014 loan spell

Duracell

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go up (When we go up) We will have funds to sign players...I can't see Mourinho picking Bamford for the prem, he will want world class players in his team. Remember Lukaku can't even get in the team for some reason. Whats stopping us from signing him up on a permanent deal, he will want to make a name for himself in the top division and he will get that chance pretty much every week for us 

If we go up (When we go up) We will have funds to sign players...I can't see Mourinho picking Bamford for the prem, he will want world class players in his team. Remember Lukaku can't even get in the team for some reason. Whats stopping us from signing him up on a permanent deal, he will want to make a name for himself in the top division and he will get that chance pretty much every week for us

Do you think we'll be able to buy him? What will he cost? 2/3 mill? Maybe more?

how many people on here would be happy with that deal though, once the dust has settled and the lovely feelings had calmed down after getting promoted I thing £3m for bamford would look expensive.....

remember where overpaying got us last time and how long that took to sort out

how many people on here would be happy with that deal though, once the dust has settled and the lovely feelings had calmed down after getting promoted I thing £3m for bamford would look expensive.....

remember where overpaying got us last time and how long that took to sort out

Not saying youre wrong but wed want 15 million for Hughes but would want Bamford for 3 million tops?

Truth is, if he doesn't score, it's like playing with ten men. Of course, at the moment he is scoring great goals at important times and he is therefore a guaranteed pick. In the Premier League you need to be able to do more. That's why Sharp, Le Fondre etc couldn't cut it. Even Hernandez at Man U isn't first choice.

Truth is, if he doesn't score, it's like playing with ten men. Of course, at the moment he is scoring great goals at important times and he is therefore a guaranteed pick. In the Premier League you need to be able to do more. That's why Sharp, Le Fondre etc couldn't cut it. Even Hernandez at Man U isn't first choice.

He knows that though hope today he gets stuck in abit more.

Do you think we'll be able to buy him? What will he cost? 2/3 mill? Maybe more?

I think 2/3 mil would be an investment, you can tell his going to be a class player. Remember i said IF we go up. 3 mil is a small transfer fee in the premier league, we are not in the same financial mess we were in when we got promoted last time. 

Not saying youre wrong but wed want 15 million for Hughes but would want Bamford for 3 million tops?

if we go up i cant see hughes going,

the simple fact that he is still with us is ONLY because of his development and the fact that its only the top 4-6 clubs that would risk the money yet he wouldnt make there bench

hence he is still here not that Im whinging,

My point is when bamford's honeymoon period stops and he is not prolific would you be happy 'carrying' him in the team knowing he cost £2-3m

if we go up i cant see hughes going,

the simple fact that he is still with us is ONLY because of his development and the fact that its only the top 4-6 clubs that would risk the money yet he wouldnt make there bench

hence he is still here not that Im whinging,

My point is when bamford's honeymoon period stops and he is not prolific would you be happy 'carrying' him in the team knowing he cost £2-3m

What honey moon period, his a natural born goal scorer, you can tell by the way he shoots and moves around the 18 yard box. Remember his playing on the wing and his scored 5 in 6 what would he do if he was up front? His already proven to score goals, yes in league 1 but he is doing it in the champ as well. Would you rather we spent a few 100k on league 1 players and championship players who are not even good enough for us now if we go up ? Look what happened last time b8llend Billy did that, we finished with 11 points.

Archived