Ivan Calero joins on trial from Atletico Madrid

Carl Sagan

You have to have more than one system and more than one plan

Of course. But I mean does he fit into the 4-3-3 thing we've got going on or would he represent the club looking at different systems (whether that be changing Plan A or preparing a Plan B for if we need it)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course. But I mean does he fit into the 4-3-3 thing we've got going on or would he represent the club looking at different systems (whether that be changing Plan A or preparing a Plan B for if we need it)

I was at the Mickleover Sports game and 1st half he played left mid in a 442 then 2nd half he started wide left in a 433 before moving more centrally so I think he would fit in well with our system.

Just to add that he seemed on another level to the rest of the players in terms of reading the game, would like to see him play with players like Hughes who would be more on his wavelength...if he signs he will be closer to the first team than Santos will.

I was at the Mickleover Sports game and 1st half he played left mid in a 442 then 2nd half he started wide left in a 433 before moving more centrally so I think he would fit in well with our system.

Just to add that he seemed on another level to the rest of the players in terms of reading the game, would like to see him play with players like Hughes who would be more on his wavelength...if he signs he will be closer to the first team than Santos will.

I've heard good things from the games he's been in. Hope we sign him so I can see him a bit closer.

Wonder where he'd fit into our system? Or are we looking at a change of system here? Or is he just going to be with the youngsters?

I would imagine if he was to feature at all this season it will be on the wing, more likely making apps of the bench

I would imagine if he was to feature at all this season it will be on the wing, more likely making apps of the bench

Yeah obviously I don't expect him to go straight into the first team. I think he'll make a few appearances from the bench though, like you say.

"f210c3f9642f4bb3d9132d75ec1b794c" alt="f210c3f9642f4bb3d9132d75ec1b794c">

Idea taken from the squad numbers thread...

Baiano, Kinkladze, Idiakez... Calero..

Not even signed yet. Lets not put that pressure on him.

Getting a half I think at notts county, maybe a tiny bit less, will play on the right or left wing, depending on who he's subbed for, maybe tried infront of Martin at one stage aswell to see if that can work, he will take up 27 if he signs I believe, further back in the thread is what I know of him, hope it helps

He could end up as god or better than Bueno but there's many a slip between cup and lip. At the moment from what I have seen we'll see a similar amount of amount of involvement to that of Bennett, maybe more if we pick up injuries.

Archived